what you currently enjoying ?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
'Invasion of the Killer Mysteron Sounds'. New compilation on Soul Jazz of digital dancehall and dub selected by Kevin Martin and some other dude whose name I forget

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
the_art_ensemble_of_chicago-urban_bushmen.jpg

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Grime mixtapes from a few years ago - Freedom of Speech, Axiom, RIP Young Dot, Guns and Roses 2 etc

Where's Continuum by the way? Normally bumps this thread on the regular

FairiesWearBoots

More to the point, did Simon Reynolds ever go to AWOL and, if so, how did he survive it? Have pondered this more than once of an evening.

Ha! makes you wonder sometimes,

I was def listening to Jungle in 94 but never made it to Roast,
I've got to admit it would have prob been fairly intimidating for a skinny white boy from the south west, I think Metalheadz in '96 was the first London drum and bass night I made it to, but that was drum & bass and Roast was proper JUNGLE

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
More to the point, did Simon Reynolds ever go to AWOL and, if so, how did he survive it? Have pondered this more than once of an evening.

Not 100% sure what you're getting here with how did he survive, but he talks about going to AWOL in Energy Flash. Iirc this would have been in its later days after it moved from Paradise to the Ministry.
Could be talking bollocks here (obv wasn't around in those days) but I think AWOL was supposed to be a little bit more friendly than Roast. Certainly sounds like good vibes on the tapes.