what you currently enjoying ?

Client Eastwood

Yeah that's the new one. I don't think anyone has seen it bar a few reviewers.

I am really looking forward to it myself, I think Beth is great. Some of her photos accompanied Stelfox's digital dancehall primer in the Wire.

What month was that? Ive kept an eye for the past couple but I guess I missed it.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
OK thanks...may treat myself on Amazon to a couple of these, feeling all this stuff to the max at the moment. I listen to that 'Tempo' track on Youtube everyday at work if in need of cheering up.:cool:

defo get lesser's jammy's book- tells of tenor saw cutting pumpkin belly, the clash w/black scorpio where sleng teng was first played out etc etc

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
VOROSSO!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
an obscure and lovely lovely little self released CDR by portugese person/outfit TSUKI, called

i wish that mountain could have eye

tsuki.jpg

it comprises of gentle but impressionable, haunting yet not typically "dark", minimalist but playful sound paintings using really nice and unique loops and textures and amazing resonating tones, some of which come from a saxophone.

really left an impression on first 2 back-to-back listens and have become an instant favorite that i will return to time and again.

DJ PIMP

mini bodzin/romboy fiesta...

tron, bedford, cucuma, callisto, the awakening, turbine, pleasure seeker.

callisto is one of those tracks that needed to be made but noone had quite vocalised it. those chords...

Last edited:

Shonx

Shallow House
Wasn't quite sure about this 'Basscore' stuff , hearing the new Broken Note EP, Fuelling the Fire is a pretty convincing argument, check out the 'The Fury' track.

I kind of like this sort of stuff, but am never sure if it's intended to be as ridiculous as I think it can often sound. I think there's a very thin line between trying to be dark/evil and hilarity. Quite like some of the more dancehall stuff on the previews, I do like distortion at the moment.

an obscure and lovely lovely little self released CDR by portugese person/outfit TSUKI, called

i wish that mountain could have eye

tsuki.jpg

it comprises of gentle but impressionable, haunting yet not typically "dark", minimalist but playful sound paintings using really nice and unique loops and textures and amazing resonating tones, some of which come from a saxophone.

really left an impression on first 2 back-to-back listens and have become an instant favorite that i will return to time and again.

Up that, star.
I've been banging out DMX all weekend. Don't know how that happened but it's been great.

gumdrops

mp3 of this blackdown remix of that knife and gun song. not sure how good the lyrics are but what a beat :). i need this on vinyl. :D

muser

sorry to all the grime purists but loving "questions" by shystie at the moment. been listening to los de abajo alot Mexican, cumbia/banda/ska cross over. Discovered and been listening to the stuff on Bersa Discos label aswell.

mms

sometimes
i saw junior boys last night and they've ditched the guitars and have got fat and synthy, with a touch of princey early 80's electro funk.
Enjoyed that.
Enjoying watching walter hill films and mpd psycho too.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
anybody else digging the Versatile Henry Mancini reissue?...really good exotica, mellower and less dramatic than Les Baxter, not as ambient as Denny and Lyman...but quite languid and spooky, with wordless vocals by the woman who went on to do the "Star Trek"
theme song...