nobunny
under the ice - topo & roby
just aint gonna work out - mayer hawthorne
vivian girls lp
satisfaction - antony b
if there is a hell below - curtis mayfield

mos dan

fact music
zomby, the oneman night slugs set (on lower end spasm) and various spyro sets from throughout this year.

but MOSTLY blackstreet's 'don't leave me' over and over and over again :)

Algierstwin

erykah badu - love of my life ft. common

still kaidi tatham

ahmad jamal

latest spyro set (yet to listen, but just know from the badness track he opened with. . )

horo jazz comp

usual fela.

mixed_biscuits

Cassie- About Time Free experimental oddities from www.entity.be/

vimothy

yurp
Township Funk by DJ something-or-other -- frocking great track that had passed me by until it started turning up on everyone's best of the wuh lists. Catchy as hell.

zhao

there are no accidents
Township Funk by DJ something-or-other -- frocking great track that had passed me by until it started turning up on everyone's best of the wuh lists. Catchy as hell.

this is the beginning of europeans coming to grips with the power of african techno. and i just found out that a Dissensian was responsible for its release on warp...

viktorvaughn

City of Djinn - Muslimgauze Vs The Rootsman

Also just listened to Screaming Target by Big Youth for the first time, interesting stuff. Amazing title for an LP too.

Leo

maybe it's due to the somewhat crap world/economic conditions, but i ended the year on a bit of a "quiet music" tip, some new and some older:

- tape "luminarium" (great stuff)
- ilyas ahmed "between two skies"/"toward the might" 2cd reissue, "the vertigo of dawn"
- ignatz "III" (a little less quiet than the others...sort of a cheap, lo-fi, sludgy homemade take on robert johnson)
- peter broderick "float"
- the fun years "baby, it's cold inside"
- astral social club "s/t" (ok, this gets quite noisy in parts but...)

btw, i'm somehow strangly pleased that we've reached december 30 without having a "best of 2008" thread.

Last edited:

po1ntman

Kwaidan's superb single on Highpoint Lowlife. Absolutely brilliant slow building dubby techno. Both tracks are 11 minutes plus and well worth checking out. Masaki is the heavier of the two. Hoichi features a fuzzy (treated guitar?) acid riff over dubby/afro beats.

Top, top music.

Easy

po1ntman