[GLA] Upcoming Nights and Other Events, Rolling Thread

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Aye, gonna a big one tonight. Shite that I have to work tomorrow, but not til 12 so it's no biggie. Will maybe see you there Andy.

cobretti

Lost the enjoyment factor for me when he started rinsing out too many midrange wobblers and it turned in to a bit of a mosh pit. The brainless bar staff didn't help matters either, the staff in there just can't cope with a busy night. Not only did they run out of 'cheap' vodka and start charging double for Smirnoff of all things, they ran out of change in the till too and were only taking correct change for drinks.

All this got me pissed off so I left about half 2 in a huff. Had a better night on Thursday at GSA at about half the price.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Fair enough. The bar did seem to be a bit of a joke, took a lifetime to get served, and yeah, not too impressive how quickly they ran out of their special-offer vodka.
I didn't want to moan too much about the wobble tunes, 'cause some of them sounded ok - better rhythmically than you often get with that sort of thing, I reckon - plus I was just half-anticipating that happening anyway, based on people here saying that's often how he djs. I wasn't dancing the whole time though, and was def glad he played a lot of other stuff too.
Without wanting to sound parochial/a suck-up, I did find that the Numbers djs were the highlight of the evening for me (despite Joker obv being the main reason I came along in the first place). They came back on for about 15 mins after Joker finished, and played a bunch of big, fun-sounding tunes, which was a nice way to end the night.

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
He didn't do that many reloads, he just had to stop the music a few times because people were going too nuts and the crowd kept surging forwards.

The pushing and stuff started well before the wobblers tho. Even the Purple shit was mosh pit enducing. Stupid skateboarders :p

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
He didn't do that many reloads, he just had to stop the music a few times because people were going too nuts and the crowd kept surging forwards.

The pushing and stuff started well before the wobblers tho. Even the Purple shit was mosh pit enducing. Stupid skateboarders :p

Ahh ok then, like I said I wasn't in the main dancefloor bit the whole time so couldn't follow what was going on too closely.
These things do happen I guess, shame if it spoiled anyone's night though.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I'd like to, but it's looking less and less likely that I'll be there.
Good to see another Glasgow guy getting involved on the board anyway.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The amount of stuff coming up for next month in Glasgow is frankly silly

Oct 1 - Skream at Sub Club
Oct 2 - Paul White at Ivy, Scuba at V Club
Oct 9 - Bullion at Ivy, LD and Loops Haunt at Stereo
Oct 17 - Hudson Mo album launch at Stereo
Oct 22 - Terror Danjah and Greena at Subbie
Oct 30 - Joker, Silkie and El-B at Stereo

Hope I've not missed anything

cobretti

October 16th - Marco Passarani
October 18th - Alden Tyrell at Optimo

Rustie's playing Numbers too on November 6th, hopefully it's a new live set as that would be absolutely IMMENSE.

cobretti

we're doing a hessle thing with electric eliminators on november 27th. not sure of any more details just yet

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'd asked about this a few months ago on another forum, good to see it's going ahead. The day after I get back from NY too :)