[GLA] Upcoming Nights and Other Events, Rolling Thread

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Terror Danjah and Greena tomorrow, £5 before midnight. I've already taken Friday off work

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I had Friday off Uni, but I have just found out I have a meeting at 10am. Which is not great. I'll still be there of course.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
What time are things starting tonight then, and when are people showing up? I am now officially considering it. My body may not thank me.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I assume that Johnny is on first, so I'll be aiming to get there pretty early. Think it starts at 11 now? So about then I suppose.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Would love to see Greena, but Saturday/Sunday's antics have left me as an absolute shell of a man. Reckon the next I'll make it out for a proper night is Joker/Silkie on the 30th or Rustie/Lazersword on 6th November.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
So Joker/Silkie/El-B tonight is at the Art School tonight, yeah? The Facebook page for it seemed to suggest that it might sell out in advance, but I'm going to give it a shot on the door anyway. If other people are thinking of going, do you want to maybe meet for a pint somewhere beforehand, like around ten-ish? I'm not the world's most exciting guy, but I can make polite conversation, especially when I'm half-drunk. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::)

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Not a huge amount on this month that grabs my attention ...

Numbers record label launch party at the Subby on Friday 6th
Ben UFO, Ramadanman, Pangaea and Untold at Fortified on the 20th (I think)
Shackleton and Dimlite at La Cheetah (formerly the Twisted Wheel) on the 28th

Quality not quantity I suppose :)

cobretti

Jimmy Edgar & Gosub play Stereo on the 13th too.

Went to see Daedelus the other week too, amazing performer. I've never seen a live performance with a Monome before, but he used it more proficiently than anyone I've seen on YouTube etc. I highly recommend going to see him if he's playing in your area!

gostwan

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster here. Im sure you all know the drill with hessle audio, but here's the blurb and flyer for the night none the less.

nov-flyer1_WEB-jpg.jpg

Taking the helm this November at Fortified will be undoubtedly one of the hottest labels around right now: Hessle Audio. Since the labels inception back in 2007 Hessle has been a Fortified favourite, with classics like TRG's "Put You Down", Untold's "Kingdom" and Panagea's "Coiled" all recieving heavy rotation here. Taking over the controls for the evening will be 3 of the labels head honcho's plus one of it's heaviest hitters: Ramandanman, Ben UFO, Panagea and Untold. Ramadanman should need no introduction to frequent customers of Fortified. Spearheading the hybrid dancefloor sound, he operates where Dubstep, Garage and Funky meet and splicing in Techno and House influences along the way. His "Carla" and "Core"12''s for Soul Jazz and the recent "Humber" for Apple Pips are two perfect examples of Ramadanman's influential sound and his Pearson Sound alias has been shaking asses international with the groove-laden "PLSN/WAD" EP. Untold and Pangaea seem to be at the top of alot of lists at the moment. They both appeared last year on the highly acclaimed Round Black Ghosts compilation on Pole's ~scape label, while Untold's recent Moderat remix has been ripping up dancefloors worldwide, not to mention his appearance at the Moderat afterparty in the Sub Club where he tore the roof off.His latest ep on his magnificent Hemlock imprint has just been awarded the lauded single of the week status on boomkat, and is set to be a staple of forward thinking dancefloors everywhere. Pangaea has also been making big waves of late with his already classic sophomore cut "You & I" and the more recent "Memories", featuring the melted UKG hybrid and swanky production we've come to expect from him. Last but by absoloutely no means least is long time eliminators supporter Ben UFO. Ben has been introducing new sounds of the UK underground and beyond via his Thursday night Ruffage show on SubFM which is for our money the only must check show on the net. Widely regarded as one of the finest DJ's operating in dance music right now along side oneman and brackles, Bens appearance at Fortified has now been gestating for 3 years, so its long overdue! As usual B.A.S.S supply the heavy sonic pressure.

cobretti

You can stream Spencer's mix from the Mary Anne Hobbs show at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/maryannehobbs/ to get in the mood.

Numbers Mix (Mixed by Spencer):
Hudson Mohawke - 'Still On It instrumental' (Wireblock x LuckyMe)
Lando Kal - 'Fuzzy Ankles' (forthcoming Numbers)
Slugabed - 'The System' (forthcoming Numbers)
Redinho - 'Mo Brap' (forthcoming Numbers)
Ghosts On Tape - 'Mogadishu Night Life' (Wireblock)
Rustie - 'Clipper' (Stuff Records)
Low Limit - 'Where U Been 7.0' - drops (forthcoming Numbers)
Redinho - 'Lightning Strikes' (forthcoming Numbers)
L-vis 1990 - 'Run' (Dress 2 Sweat)
Ghosts On Tape - 'Predator Mode' - Roska Remix (Wireblock)
Mr Majika - 'Different Lekstrix' (forthcoming Numbers)
Deadboy - 'IfUWantMe' (forthcoming Numbers)
Rustie - 'Throw Some D's / Click Clack' (Dress 2 Sweat)
Emvee - 'Glitch Dub' (Wireblock)
Touchy Subject - 'Wicked Act' (forthcoming Numbers)
SRC - 'Gold Coinz' (forthcoming Numbers)
Kavsrave - 'MD' (forthcoming Numbers)
Rustie - 'Bad Science' (Wireblock)
Taz Buckfaster - 'Gold Tooth Grin' (forthcoming Numbers)

Comes on about two thirds of the way through the show, plenty of good gear on there.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^^ Streaming it now, tracklist looks tasty.
Roll-call for tonight? I am def going to be there, as in, I'm actually going to turn up rather than just talking about it on here like usual. :)