The press release hall of shame thread

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Hey how you doing?

We have an interview here with the gorgeous Alex Kelly. The feature is available free for reproduction in full or in part.

Let me know if you need anything.

What’s the story behind you Alex Kelly?

Well, I was born and then a bunch of stuff happened and now I’m here. It’s pretty rad here, wherever “here” is?

If I twisted your arm and you agreed to pigeon hole yourselves to one genre, which one would it be?

Electro-Rock

If you had to choose one element of your music that defines your music as a whole, what would it be and why?

One element? FIRE! Haha. Ok, seriously though, I’d have to say that no matter what we do, we always keep it funky. Whenever I’m putting a piece together, I like to first establish a groove that makes me want to move my body.

What made you get into music?

Did it tell you that? Because, in all honesty it got into me first, I swear. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t sing. I think if the love of music is something that is truly inside of your heart, it’s what you do naturally. When I was little, I used to imitate everyone I’d hear on the radio. In the 80’s I feel like there was more diversity on the radio, which made imitating fun. I could listen to Aerosmith, George Michael, Salt n’Peppa, and Anita Baker on damn near the same channel depending on the time of day. One of my earliest memories is of seeing a Tina Turner performance on television and thinking “Omg, I want to be this woman!”

What’s the story behind ‘Orange Circle’ the album?

I’m going to tell you a very short version of a story that played out over what felt like a very long time. One day I started seeing the number 11 a lot! It was actually quite frightening at first, no thanks to my friends who were all “O.k. sweetie, why don’t you lie down”. Anyhow, this repeating 1 pattern just kept showing up. Being the curious person I am, I started down a road of research that really got my creative juices going. I read all kinds of interesting books and bits of writings, from both ancient and modern texts based on the number one. This story is already headed for nerd-city isn’t it? It gets better I promise.

So, mostly I based the record on concepts from one book in particular called “The Law of One”. I’m not suggesting that anyone read this book; it’s pretty far out there. In the book, an entity that calls itself “Ra, the humble messengers of the Law of One” is channeled by a woman named Carla Rueckert (I told you it gets better). The main point the book makes is that mankind must learn to love one another. That thought is so beautiful to me. The title of the album is a reference to Ra. The single “Orange circle” is about the joy of being or the joy of existence. Each song expresses a separate concept, and no two songs sound the same. It’s going to be a lot of fun to see how people respond to the music, especially a song called Splendor Solis.

Over the course of making the album, all kinds of strange events took place, some of which one day I’ll talk about one day, but not in this interview. Listen to the album.

What sort of reaction have you been getting since it was released?

It just came out. So far, so good.

You’ve got a launch party coming up, what can we expect from it?

Well, Kelsey and I will be there, and now we have Howard Alper (drummer) and DJ Tiger, plus I’m pumped about sharing this music. It came from our brains! The night of the show I’ll be smiling from ear to ear. It’s always a good time. You can expect to be rocked!

What’s the most exciting thing happening in the New York music scene at the moment?

Alex Kelly, Duh.​

geiom

Here_We_Go_Album_Artwork.jpg

Here We Go

An Original Produced By TYR and Rodway

Jamming Melodic Dubstep For You

This track, entitled 'Here We Go' is a clear indication of professional production level and dramatic improvement over the past year by both artists involved.

TYR opens for Mt. Eden Dubstep in Denver, CO May 27th.

is this real ? their artwork is sick

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i've tried, honestly i've tried, but it's really hard communicating with them. me standing by the shore of the lake shouting. them, blissfully beheaded, floating over the water... i mean, maybe it's just me but i just dont feel like i get through to 'em.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
99838DBD-6E56-42EE-8890-C697450B090A.png

June 19, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA - The Amazing Spider-Man, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Total Recall (2012), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Underworld: Awakening, In Time, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and Soul Caliber V all have one thing incommon: Jack Trammell. Jack’s unique music, a balance between aggressive, percussive sound design and dark electronic dubstep has quickly launched him into the forefront of the movie trailer world.

A producer by trade, Jack’s full-length album BEHEMOTH has become the perfect creative outlet to meld his unique production skills with sounds he envisioned would be associated with machines, space exploration and warfare in the distant future.​

geiom

i've tried, honestly i've tried, but it's really hard communicating with them. me standing by the shore of the lake shouting. them, blissfully beheaded, floating over the water... i mean, maybe it's just me but i just dont feel like i get through to 'em.

sounds like you def put some effort in there, respect

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
it's a utopian and noble thought.

unfortunately skrillex is more likely to be made dubstep ambassador to the ICC than to be put on trial.

tyranny

I hope you are ready for this, to hear something little bit more angry and punchy, spiced with danger and aggressiveness while robots are trying to survive their deathmach game where only one will be last standing ..

Upcomming on Rise Audio,Billain's track is a first celebration for joining forces with Mastermind Kulak from Rise Audio crew, hosting and fusing minds such as Audio, Cause4Concern, The Sect, Allied, Future Signal and Nocturnal.

If you like tunes like Shrapnels (you can download it for FREE) and Contra, then you will definitely like this banger without any excuse.

:eek: