The press release hall of shame thread

Blackdown

nexKeysound
"Hi,

I've been visiting BLACKDOWN for a few months now and really like it! I'm reaching out to you because of a video on youtube that I thought your other readers may enjoy. It's a video of a crazy vending machine put in a mall in Australia that gets people to do hilarious things in order to get a snack for free.

The neat part of this story is I actually am in the crowd in part of the clip, so I'm pretty excited about it all! It was pretty crazy I happened upon a big group of people surrounding the machine and random dancing haha."

"happened"... hmmm.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Words fail me...

1359-79160_150.jpg

ARTIST: Veronika Vesper
TITLE: Bleeding Desert
LABEL: Self Release

** FROM THE FIRMAMENT, A STELLAR BEING HAS DESCENDED TO SPREAD HER RADIANT LIGHT. VERONIKA VESPER IS A MULTI-TALENTED ARTIST - REBELLIOUS, SEXY, FEARLESS, DETERMINED.
ATMOSPHERIC SPACE POP WITH DARK ELECTRO VIBES, SYMPHONIC OVERTONES,
AND A TRULY HAUNTING VOICE **

The past:
A classically trained musician, Vesper grew up in a creative environment. Her father is an internationally renowned conductor and uncle a solo flutist. In her late teens, she toured the world as first flutist for a symphony orchestra.
To hone her craft, she studied at the London Centre of Contemporary music, which piqued her interest for electronic music. Hungry to progress, she studied further in LA, working with vocal and performance coach Seth Riggs - teacher to Michael Jackson and Barbara Streisand, among others. Only then was her unique brand of 'space pop' beginning to take form.

The present:
Having written and recorded on a number of different projects - including writing for the Altimeters ,various artists with Graham Turner , as a part of The Music Aviary team and for Megatrax music library in LA - she is now working on her debut album with multi-platinum selling songwriter Martin Sutton and producer Venom One. At the same time Vesper has been developing momentum on the live scene, playing a string of dates in her hometown London. Her definitive sound and style has created a serious buzz. Now with her first single 'Bleeding Desert' and a US tour in the offing, that buzz is surely set to explode.

The personality:
Even while performing as a classical musician, Vesper always maintained a rebellious punk-influenced image and attitude. That, again, is evident in her music and performances today. Think the girl with the dragon tattoo meets Björk, topped off with some serious sex appeal. Vesper has also always been A spiritual character, choosing to use music as a means to heal, inspire, defy convention and blow minds. Recovering from a life threatening illness a few years ago has only served to fuel her desire to make a meaningful impact on pop music.

The style:
Atmospheric space pop with dark electro vibes, symphonic overtones, enchanting flute and a truly haunting voice. 

A dream-like fantasy, ambient light shows and an electrifying, sexually charged stage presence. In developing her own ethereal but edgy identity, Vesper has drawn on the left-field character of Björk, Depeche Mode, Radiohead and David Bowie, to name a few. Visually, her style calls on designers such as Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang and Versace.​

SecondLine

A story within a story, 'Blood Rushing' is a glimpse into the world of Blushing, a heteronym of the artist [name]. A rock-ballet chanté, the music is set to a Pueblo drum's metapulsing Pan-American heartbeat.

What does it mean?

the_woof

"_________ is an EP that truly evolves track to track, sneaking up until it encapsulates all of your senses like you couldn't perceive."

Another thing I've noticed a lot is where the "AKA" (which shouldn't even be in as many press releases as it is) goes in front of the real name, like "Skrillex (AKA Sonny Moore)..." I'm pretty sure one of those things is his name and one is his alias.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
OK so now I think one of you is having a wind up sending me this just so it can appear here. Who is it, fess up!?

Hello,

My name is [REDACTED] and I work for [REDACTED]. I am reaching out to you about a video I am currently working on for my client Mentos Singapore. The video is interesting, it calls upon Singaporeans to help raise the national birthrate by well… you know on Singapore's National Day night (August 9th).

I decided to reach out to your BLACKDOWN first of all because I am a big fan of your site and secondly because I thought that this topic could capture the interest of your readers with something a little bit different but still related to your regular blog posts. The combination of relationships, dating, and sex combined with a breath mint should be something quite unique that grabs the attention of new viewers. I've attached the links to the video and look forward to your input. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any additional info.

I also think that the cultural differences between Singapore and other countries is rather intriguing, it's fun to imagine what the response would be if this video was targeting say the United States.

i mean, whattheactualfuck???