don_quixote

Trent End
yeah this tournament is really warming up now.

good to see south korea's free kick on tuesday night totally passed alan shearer by. still utter shit alan!!

bandshell

Grand High Witch
I eat my words for the time being. Japan are looking a hell of a lot better than Denmark. Both free kicks were excellent. That second one was flawless. The ball didn't even bounce in the net. Just dropped straight into the corner.

If Japan keep going like this I can see them getting a couple more goals.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Matsui has been very attractive in all their matches.

have a wee hunch tomorrow's lusophone clash might be a bit more special than the lusophone clash in '06...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Just saw Klinsmann saying that there is no shame in losing to England. He managed to keep a straight face, well done to him

don_quixote

Trent End
this world cup totally hit the ground running

hate it being described as the most shocking world cup ever though. oh please. 2002 was far far more shocking.

hucks

Your Message Here
Japan were fucking great. Honda second half, Matsui first half. So looking forward to their next round game.

grizzleb

Everything everybody said about Japan is totally right, they are all technically very solid by the looks of things. A hard team to beat. That Honda is a beaaast.

This tournament is shaping up to be very interesting with lots of quality (and evenly matched by my judgement) sides playing good attacking, positive football. Difficult to see any one team that looks a sure favourite, it's really anyones game...

bb_rebozo

.._......
Just saw Klinsmann saying that there is no shame in losing to England. He managed to keep a straight face, well done to him

as german i really would like to understand the fear of england vs germany. i mean, you guys won the war and spawn the beatles. so what is it that makes you lose anytime in footy? peter lorre this time? :p

scottdisco

rip this joint please
peter lorre this time? :p

that goal he scored last night against the Ghanaians was a bit special!

peter-lorre1.jpg

Mesut Özil, footballer

Mesut_Ozil.jpg

Peter Lorre, actor

and in fairness the first chap (or is it the second ;)) plays for a team that have been better than England, consistently, down the years...

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
I'm getting really hacked off with jorunos and pundits saying such and such a team or player 'failed to turn up' at the World Cup. Get your own fucking vocabulary, you nonce.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Biggest day of the World Cup so far? If Spain join Italy and France on the plane home, with England or Germany to follow Sunday, this could be Europe's worst world cup...ever?