The Queen is Dead!

IdleRich

IdleRich
I hate all this shit...

Football was an obvious irrelevance after the evening’s news but, once Uefa ruled the game should go ahead,

No it's not irrelevant you dick, the queen is irrelevant to me. I don't even have anything against her but don't tell me that I'm supposed to think that football doesn't matter today cos an old lady I've never met has died. That's the fucking Guardian writing that, they should be ashamed of themselves.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apparently Petronella Wyatt is the one that Johnson had an affair with, cunningly reasoning that his wife was gonna be too busy with her cancer treatment to catch him playing away. So obviously she is just the person to lecture us about Harry's moral failings - particularly the one where he let us all down by doing the unthinkable and marrying a black woman. Surely he should have got the coded message in the brexit vote demanding that he marry an English rose. When he ignored that he might as well have stabbed his own dear mother right through the heart, why couldn't he be more like his uncle and stick to raping white children?

sufi

lala
It's all shit for republicans right now isnt it, yet another proper stitchup, a set piece.
queen pops off but the "king" is right there waiting, so we don't get to abolish anything
Can't believe they are going to make a MAN queen. This woke nonsense has gone too far.
But of course anyone who utters a word of criticism, any counterpoint to the disgusting slavish adulation will be chopped the fuck down like the proverbial tall poppy.
so this feels like consolidation, rather than an upset, with a wholesale whitewashing of the royal reputation taking place since only the queen's jolly sense of humour and dogged resolution to perpetuate feudalism (which is seen as a positive thru the royalist lens) are acceptable memories to hold of the past 70 years of tyrant supervillain oppression

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This has been a real eye opener to me re: how important the royals still are (all this stuff shut down straight away no questions asked) / how hated the royals are (I was under the naive impression that most of us thought they were just a silly sort of anachronism that brought in tourist money)

Also a disturbing insight into the very vague and confused patriotism I obviously feel at some deep level which has been triggered a dozen times by lefty friends of mine/random twitterers (although this might not be patriotism at all but just contrarianism?)

Christ knows I hate Royalists when they appear on my TL. But most of the time they don't. Perhaps I just hate people on Twitter?