The Queen is Dead!

luka

the queue was about 2 metres away from my desk so i was able to observe it quite closely.
it's quite a strange occassion in that no one actually cares. not even the people queuing for 12 hours.
with diana there was a genuine sense of emotional contagion, some mass hysteria took hold. with this
it feels more like a sense of obligation, you do it cos it's what you're supposed to do. it's a 'historical
occassion' but without any drama or surprise. an old lady died. and part of that is how anonymous the queen
has managed to be. shes just a glove and a wave and a crown. a 70 year reign but never a participant in history,
just a kind of ornamant or piece of furniture.

no one was having a laugh, no one was even chatting, but no one was sad either. they could have been
queuing for the post office.

luka

everyone thought i was going to make a fortune today they were all texting me telling me but i knew better.
this lot are so miserable they'll queue up next to someone for 14 hours and not even bother to say hello and have a chat.

luka

as far as i know you can't even take a selfie with her. they're queuing up to see an empty box.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
"Dog Save the Queen"

The Queen sent me a text this
evening
reading, and i quote
dogging in Cairo,
feels like fireworks.
a revelation.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
London sounds sodden in salutary sycophantic ritual, oppressive even, people comparing her to their own Mum (jfc, new levels of masochism even for The Union)

didn’t mean to put four s words in there but whatdoyouknowlo’&behold so it‘s staying