The Queen is Dead!

What’s been hilarious and sickening for me is seeing everybody get so smugly busy and formal with Very Imprtant Stuff hat on in work. running round chatting about “operation London Bridge” even after she died like they’re in mi5 or something… secretly loving the drama of the occasion but pretending to be so respectful and serious. Fretting other statements as if the entire nation aren’t saying the exact same thing simultaneously

shakahislop

it's a big communal event that people can take part in. people love it. even if it's for a very stupid reason and all the symbolism is very ugly, people are into anything like this. any state of exception. like when the ukraine war started. state of exception, normality suspended, outpourings of feelings.

Leo

People should do like at the start of the pandemic, lean out yr window and hit their pots and pans with a spoon and clap at a designated hour.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
norvern independence.

🤣🤣🤣

They cancelled the fucking eindhoven game as well. beyond pissed.

william_kent

breakfast news appears to be a queue of people waiting to view an empty box, started wondering about how those guards deal with bodily functions, do they have catheters fitted? nappies ( aka "diapers" )?

and then I saw this on twitter and it's made my day

best watched with the sound up, an impressive "clunk" ( how long before someone samples it for their "kit"? )