"Emotionally Charged Electronica" & The Ineffable Sadness of Woops

Benny Bunter

Pure joy to me. Before any deadening sense of good taste or cool started to form. What did you grow up listening to?

woops

is not like other people
Rachel Stevens - Some Girls

88. Which brings us to this which i will actually include in the hundred. Richard X aka Girls on Top who produced this is from a place in Lancashire called Whalley never met him but his sister worked in Spar

woops

is not like other people
Sugababes - Overload

89. Same vintage, wicked tune, they went on to do a reproduction of a Girls on Top bootleg with them singing instead of Anita Baker, dunno if they used the original Gary Numan backing track or remade that as well somehow. The blogosphere was I believe established at this juncture of history

Benny Bunter

Eurythmics were a great band, there must be an angel is my fave. None other than Conny Plank produced their first album so they've got kool krautrock kredentials too

Reactions: Leo

woops

is not like other people
So yeah after Aaliyah and Amerie it was time for Rihanna to take over who is apparently worth a bil now

woops

is not like other people
Prince - 1999

91. Once when my age was in single figures we got up really early to get to an airport to go on holiday and this was on TV. In the video there were 2 women playing the same keyboard. Which was a lot for my young mind to take. I'm not sure I've ever recovered really

woops

is not like other people
The first album I ever bought was Bad. I had a copy of Abbey Road before that as a present. What's the best track on Bad I wonder?

woops

is not like other people
the lyric sheet featured a pic of MJ and Quincy Jones entitled another great team
another great team.png

woops

is not like other people
then i remember the video for black or white was a big deal as well and stopped paying attention after that

woops

is not like other people
Têtes Raides - Sans Titre

92. Let's get back on the French stuff. I suppose this is in the chanson tradition. The band usually had a man singing

woops

is not like other people
Georges Brassens - Le Parapluie

93. It was chucking it down when he wrote this song.