Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
None so blind as those who will not see.

You been had, credulous scientismic oaf.
Many people much younger and fitter than you caught this thing half a year ago and are still fucked up from it. How often does flu do that?

john eden

male pale and stale
Infection rates in Stamford Hill are currently higher than Oldham and the places with the highest infection rates nationally. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh make it stop.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Why would it be like that? I don't think anyone has ever compared the two, there is no need to prove that they are different, it's fucking obvious. Has anyone provided proof that it's significantly different from leprosy? How about from housemaid's knee? You don't have to go through every disease you can name and demonstrate the difference, that's not how it works.

mixed_biscuits

Why would it be like that? I don't think anyone has ever compared the two, there is no need to prove that they are different, it's fucking obvious. Has anyone provided proof that it's significantly different from leprosy? How about from housemaid's knee? You don't have to go through every disease you can name and demonstrate the difference, that's not how it works.

I was a member of a covid-survivors-with-long-symptoms group on FB for a while (before I realised I was beginning to psychosomatically suffer from recurrences myself) and believe that the symptoms reported by members actually existed (excepting the psychosomatic caveat)...but it's still perfectly legitimate to try to work out whether this is especially unusual a phenomenon, isn't it?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But what proportion? And evidence that this is significantly different to eg. yuppie flu?
A study in Germany found about a third of people who developed symptoms still had negative health effects a long time later, I recall. And it was even seen in people whose symptoms at the time had been only moderately bad. Will see if I can find a link for you tomorrow.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What's yuppie flu when it's at home? Sounds made up.
Edit: oh, it's just chronic fatigue syndrome. Well that's an element of it, but with chronic pain, cognitive impairment and various other effects bundled along, and caused originally by a virus.

Last edited:

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Had a minor seizure approximately 4 weeks after getting ill. Wife was ill too but has been ok since, although I have a few years on her.

Saw GP weeks ago about what to do next and after outlining my pulse acceleration he’s referred me to to the cardio unit, except I’ll be lucky to be seen by the new year. Living the Kafka dream of encountering the divine through nebulous bureaucracies.

sufi

lala
How are you getting on John?
I'm thinking about getting an antibody test (£89 from superdrug, maybe 80% accurate if you're lucky apparently)
(Me and my other 1/2 both had weird flu in Feb as I've recounted here many times, kids both had spectacular D&V and one got blotchy spots on his little feet) That won't offer much solace as actually noone knows if you can be reinfected after you had it once, or even can still be contagious, but i think i'd worry less about the prospect of getting horribly sick

has anyone done one of them yet - it's a blood test not a swab down yer gullet i believe?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Had a minor seizure approximately 4 weeks after getting ill. Wife was ill too but has been ok since, although I have a few years on her.

Saw GP weeks ago about what to do next and after outlining my pulse acceleration he’s referred me to to the cardio unit, except I’ll be lucky to be seen by the new year. Living the Kafka dream of encountering the divine through nebulous bureaucracies.
Ouch. Good luck mate.

Girlfriend was watching French news this morning and there was a story about people in the Tour de France testing positive and for a while I wasn't sure if it was for drugs or covid...

Status
Not open for further replies.