Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
blames him for the breakup of his marriage, the fact he dont get to see the kids, everything
He seems to still have a marriage and kids from what I can see on FB (unless that's all an elaborate deception), but this is still a funny idea.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Muggers takes a potshot at the /D/ crew:

As the 21st century rolled in, journalistic tendency that you might call the Continuity Melody Maker Faction, which created an echo chamber for itself in overwhelmingly white male pseudo-academic online spaces like Dissensus and ILX, perpetuated proprietary categories that cemented the authenticity myths.

william_kent

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Muggers takes a potshot at the /D/ crew:

but they won the quiz comfortably in the end

No, they didn't. Sheffield won.

Benny Bunter

"I understand the latter urge, I really do – because I’ve embodied it myself. Back in 1994 and 1995, I looked askance at fellow white middle class students who listened only to floaty LTJ Bukem and Alex Reece tunes, clutching my L Double 12”s and Dr S Gachet mixtapes as totems of “realness”."

😂

maxi

Excellent review of the best cocteau twins album in pitchfork today
The title of “Sugar Hiccup,” the album’s single, could almost be a description of Fraser’s singing: the action of her throat and lips as she siphons sweetness into the air. Like so much Cocteau Twins imagery, “sugar hiccup” feels obliquely sexual and utterly innocent at once, flashing back to a time when children held their breath and counted to 20. Hiccups lie on the pleasure-pain threshold, the same place where Fraser’s voice lives: rapture as rupture.
Damn good stuff

other_life

bioconfused
that time he was like "Yeah. garage clubs dominated by asians are more chill because they're less aggy and more self-possessed than white and black punters" 💀💀💀

dilbert1

"I understand the latter urge, I really do – because I’ve embodied it myself. Back in 1994 and 1995, I looked askance at fellow white middle class students who listened only to floaty LTJ Bukem and Alex Reece tunes, clutching my L Double 12”s and Dr S Gachet mixtapes as totems of “realness”."

😂

@blissblogger Amidst jungle’s revived popularity, I’m carrying this torch, already discarded by you as errant so many decades ago, in my own delusional and anachronistic way

Benny Bunter

"I missed the beginning of jungle. I knew about it, and my old schoolmates were all over it, but getting it blasted on the crap stereos of their mums’ cars and on Dave from Romford’s tiny tape player, all I heard was a chaos of clatter and gunshots and distorted MCs and stop-start mixing. "

Joe muggs. Music writer. Graduate of Sussex university