IdleRich

IdleRich
Well otherwise there would be little point in this thread specifically or dissensus as a whole really. Would there?

version

The FBI is investigating a “Trump Train” incident from Friday, in which a Biden campaign bus was surrounded by a dozen pickup trucks driven by Trump supporters as it traveled down a Texas interstate, according to a report.

The dangerous, caught-on-video highway confrontation led the Biden campaign and state Democrats to cancel multiple Texas events in the battleground state, the Texas Tribune reported.

There was at least one minor collision on the I-35 between a campaign staffer’s car and the caravan of trucks full of flag-waving passengers, according to the Tribune.

Those inside the trucks honked their horns and shouted while surrounding the Biden bus and slowing it down, witnesses told the paper.

Still, the incident was celebrated by President Trump, who tweeted one clip of the confrontation along with his praise: “I LOVE TEXAS!”

IdleRich

IdleRich
You've only got to see the comments below the video to see the divide in the US - half the comments say "the black car hit the white car" while half claim "the white car rammed the black one".
I tend to think the argument is settled by the twitter of the driver of the black truck which said something like "Yeah - that was me slammin' in to that bitch woot woot Trump 2020".

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
i can already dream the headlines, "how could this have happened", "how come the polls could not predict this" bla bla bla.
as I've said, I'm not anything like supremely confident of a Biden victory

but I am supremely confident that if Trump does win there will be very few "how could this have happened" headlines

plenty of apocalyptic despair but not shocked post-mortems. we (Americans) got that pretty well all out of our systems last time around.

people will be shell-shocked, but it's hard to think many people will be shocked

IdleRich

IdleRich
WH pandemic adviser Dr. Atlas gave a 27-min interview to RT, the Kremlin-run propaganda network. US intel says Russia uses RT to spread disinformation to Americans and weaken our democracy. RT relishes booking Atlas cuz he is a WH guy who undercuts mainstream science on Covid.
He's since apologised saying he didn't know that Russia Today was affiliated to another country (that's Russia I think).

IdleRich

IdleRich
You've only got to see the comments below the video to see the divide in the US - half the comments say "the black car hit the white car" while half claim "the white car rammed the black one".
I tend to think the argument is settled by the twitter of the driver of the black truck which said something like "Yeah - that was me slammin' in to that bitch woot woot Trump 2020".
This guy....

SlammingCar.jpg*#

sus

plenty of apocalyptic despair but not shocked post-mortems. we (Americans) got that pretty well all out of our systems last time around.

Aye. Despite most predictions hovering between 80-90% Biden, places like 538 or NYT or Economist are practically doubling over themselves with warnings/disclaimers on their predictions. It's an amusing mirror of Trump's election hedging—"if we get it wrong/lose, it's not our fault!"

Leo

i believe in that because the usa is not a democracy and the bully will just take what he wants

the conservative district court judge in Texas threw out that GOP lawsuit mentioned in the tweet. it was appealed to federal court for tomorrow but seems like a weak case for the GOP lawyers.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I see that the Texas Supreme Court has rejected the GOP motion to throw out 100k votes... it will still go to the Federal Court tomorrow but they have tended to back the states so far....

Leo

trump on record telling people his plan is to claim premature victory on Tuesday night if he's leading or close in the key battlegrounds. the secretary of state in Pennsylvania also said they are accepting any ballot postmarked by Election Day and probably won't be finished counting them until Thursday or Friday.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Steven King announced that he was leaving Twitter until after the election, and someone asked him if he was writing a book about the Trump years - The Whining.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Aye. Despite most predictions hovering between 80-90% Biden, places like 538 or NYT or Economist are practically doubling over themselves with warnings/disclaimers on their predictions. It's an amusing mirror of Trump's election hedging—"if we get it wrong/lose, it's not our fault!"
Yeah, I've lost count of all the articles I've seen titled something like "Biden's ahead, but here's how Trump could still win."

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
as I've said, I'm not anything like supremely confident of a Biden victory

Nor me. Even discounting all the voter suppression and other fraudulent crap the Republicans are engaged in. Yes, the polls put Biden consistently ahead, but I think it's quite likely a lot of people are lying to pollsters, being ashamed of voting Trump but intending to vote Trump anyway.