sus

Just got back from dropping off my Trump ballot. Wisconsin too—swing state! Maybe I'll swing the election.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
See here's an example of being able to converse with and learn from someone who votes otherwise, in our polarized times. I happen to have voted for Biden/Harris, and yet I don't feel antagonistic to @suspendedreason here.

Again, I think its better to have serious reservations about all candidates, even the ones you vote for. As opposed to needing to feel completely comfortable with whomever you vote for, which was how I felt in 2016, when I effectively cast a non-vote for Jill Stein.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
And it also seems like social progressivism and political progressivism get conflated often, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

That is, it seems like much of the anti-Trump sentiments are grounded in socially progressive convictions, rather than opinions about policy. At least, the former seems to be more outspoken than the latter.

And how does social progressivism translate into political/policy-based progressivism?

sus

To tell ya the truth I actually didn't vote. Is that better or worse? You should still cancel me.

sus

The mailbomb is fine, I'll just be sure to open packages far away from my house, I'm renting from a friend and I'd feel terrible if there was property damage.

sus

I control both accounts, we've been allied this whole time. It's nothing personal, doing it to practice writing dialogue for my Great American Novel (WIP).

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Under Biden, there will be no school, no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no Easter, no Fourth of July. There will be no future for our country." -President of the United States-
How did I miss all this?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I think voting is a good example of a higher order feedback mechanism, where higher-order almost necessarily means lower-resolution. Its economic, seeing as if the civic feedback forms were more robust, they would be exponentially more complicated to integrate, no?

Does our current civic feedback protocols approach the optimal balance, or does it merely occupy a suboptimal equilibrium?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
People's beneficence can be corrupted, and the systematic policies can harbor traces of such corruption, but the kind of higher order system I have in mind is supervenient to the human will, hovering above it rather than being entirely subjected to it. This is why I don't capitalize the "t" in "them".

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I think systems tend toward them regardless of human will, but that human will can play a sort of executive role, capable of administering and hastening this development. The microcosm would be the individual psyche, how a person can willfully optimize the health of their body, in a more efficient manner than just floating will-lessly through an environment, but they can just was well hinder it or completely destroy it.

I think the ongoing transition to a digitized world could be interpreted as the systematization of this executive function, an optimization of the optimizing force.