shakahislop

ive often said my twitter feed is my greatest work
i actually thought my insta was great for a while. it made me laugh a lot.

i've got a new account where i'm trying to illustrate the concept of de/reterritorialisation with captionless photos. the concept is hilarious to me at least. the execution is obviously next to impossible

shakahislop

Operations security (OPSEC) is a process that identifies critical information to determine if friendly actions can be observed by enemy intelligence, determines if information obtained by adversaries could be interpreted to be useful to them, and then executes selected measures that eliminate or reduce adversary exploitation of friendly critical information.

sus

in a way that article is almost a review of an instagram account. i've been wondering that for a while recently, if it might actually make sense for critical discourse to take a social media feed as something that can be reviewed as a body of work, in the same way an album might be
The three new kinds of critics we need are:
- Substack critics
- Instagram/Twitter critics
- Podcast critics

These will be booming industries in five years, employ dozens of BuzzFeed contractors, etc mark my words

sus

brooklynculturemaf.ia

actually though I'm not sure about the name. In 2017/8 it seemed more appropriate. But now everyone's who's everyone is in Manhattan. Manhattan Culture Mafia doesn't quite have the same clarity to it—too many other cultures there. But you say Brooklyn everyone knows what you're talking about, even if it sorta erases non-white cultures there

sus

You can workshop some better names for this post-Brooklyn crew

Actually, that's not bad! The Post-Brooklyn Culture Mafia