Decline

constant escape

winter withered, warm
As of now, here, I've only built a couple wooden stands to prop up an old garage door, which has since been uninstalled. Today I might build a simple stall or two to pile up compost, which shouldn't be hard. My mom actually is privy to power tools, so I was eased into using them long ago. That, and we have a bunch of building materials, plenty of two by fours, collected from construction sites, or left on the property by previous owners.

Building a geodesic dome on stilts - that would be a long term project that would require me to push my abilities. And that is assuming I even have the tools and the patience to do it.

My dad is retiring, and so we just got this place within the last year, planning to sell the suburban property for several times more than the off-grid property cost. I see it as an opportunity to understand, troubleshoot and expand upon a complex living system.

Already I have to have a basic understanding of the solar system and the pump for the well, cause if something goes wrong, there goes water and/or power. And it wouldn't be cool to just keep leaning on my neighbor, who installed much of the system for us for free, for every little problem.

As for the attire: undecided.

Leo

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180604173418-wild-wild-country-cult-uniforms.jpg

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But yeah rarely hammer and nails. Plug-in power tools may suck too much from the solar system for the time being, but we have a set of Makita tools with batteries.

edit: aside from the floor trimming, I don't think I've bothered with hammer and nails here so far.

luka

But yeah rarely hammer and nails. Plug-in power tools may suck too much from the solar system for the time being, but we have a set of Makita tools with batteries.

I was alluding to all these promises to build us a post ideological psychic superstructure

constant escape

winter withered, warm
As of now, I'm transitioning into full time living here, and my parents will probably end up spending half their time here, unless they split the money from selling the old house and get another smaller place in Oregon or something. In that case, I'd largely be living here alone, with perhaps cousins coming and going. My grandmother got an Airstream which stays here too.
I was alluding to all these promises to build us a post ideological psychic superstructure
Didn't catch that. What makes you say that isn't already being built? I'm still going, aren't I?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Theres the trip up the mountain to receive the word, and the trip back down is arguably just as trying.

edit: that is, expressing it in more intuitive ways

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Stan's growing his own peyote.
One of my neighbors grows his own weed. Gave me some in exchange for yard work. Haven't tried peyote though.

Now is the time to be foolishly ambitious, I think. In terms of planning for this and that. As I said, exercise in managing complex systems.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
An endless series of checkpoints, chasing the horizon, sated by the sense of progress rather than by the sense of completion, or even proximity to completion. Making this transition may be at the heart of the matter.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
An endless series of checkpoints, chasing the horizon, sated by the sense of progress rather than by the sense of completion, or even proximity to completion. Making this transition may be at the heart of the matter.
If you can make this transition, hubristic tasks become much more tenable.

edit: pseudo-hubristic, really.