Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I admit this scene gets a lot better when you read it as Steve Martin's character never quite getting over his hatred of John Candy and seeing that this was a golden opportunity to rub his amazing life in the man's face.
I really like the idea of a director's cut where Martin looks back over his shoulder while embracing his wife, smirking at John Candy, and Candy's smile crumples as the music becomes dissonant, filled with chattering apes and screams.

craner

Beast of Burden
He lives in Chengdu now, but he used to live in Xinjiang among the Uighurs. His dad used to run a video shop across the road from Brecon Cathedral.

luka

You're happy the way you are. You've developed a set of techniques that allow you to get attention and you use them. All your needs are met. Pig in clover.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not happy but I'm comfortable.

This is the whole problem, really.

Every great artist whose biography I cravenly read had some motivating kick up the arse.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw Ghostbusters in the cinema 3 times! My mum took me, then my Dad took me, and then my Mum took me again on my birthday with all my pals from school. I also had a Ghostbusters birthday cake, the audio book and one of those glow-in-the-dark sweatshirts. My allegiance was well known.
Oh my god. Someone else who had a Ghostbusters birthday cake.

IdleRich

IdleRich
the story goes that the balance of power shifted to the directors in the 70s away from the studios doesn't it? finance-wise. dunno why that happened though
I thought that at the end of the 70s it shifted from auteur directors to the studios... I guess it then further shifted to the money men.

woops

is not like other people
I thought that at the end of the 70s it shifted from auteur directors to the studios... I guess it then further shifted to the money men.
both, i think. but the 70s had the auteur directors, coppola, kubrick whoever