What countries do you crush on?

luka

What these places represent, how they promise us some dimension of experience we can't access at home, or something we personally lack

Like mysticism and spirituality that's always a big one from ever since we discovered The East. Or just old forgotten traditions like group songs in a pub as our peasant forefathers used to do, that's why people go to Ireland, and the mist and the faeries. Or the mist in the bamboo in China, blossom, moonlight that whole range of affect, delicate, poised, or Latin America tropical heat, bodies, sex, fiesta etc etc etc

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
NYC in the late 70s/early 80s. Biggest melting pot on the planet. Dangerous, wild, dirty, sexy. Coalescence of the world's cultures birthing infinite branches of art, language, style, what it means to be urban. A pressure cooker of tension pushing out diamonds left and right. The closest I've found to it is São Paulo.

luka

best country in the world love it

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
NYC in the late 70s/early 80s. Biggest melting pot on the planet. Dangerous, wild, dirty, sexy. Coalescence of the world's cultures birthing infinite branches of art, language, style, what it means to be urban. A pressure cooker of tension pushing out diamonds left and right. The closest I've found to it is São Paulo.
This thread was inspired in part by this episode of fuck that's delicious

I know New York has lost it a bit now but this episode summed up to me so many aspects of why I love the new Yorkness of New Yorkers. By which I mean working class New Yorkers, not people from a woody Allen movie.

luka

it doesnt though does it. theyre like a horrible cheap parody of new york for vice tv

Leo

‘New York is dead. Don’t come back’: Billboards mock those who left city amid pandemic​

“We had an idea to say to the New Yorkers who have left that ‘we’re doing OK without you,'” the collective’s founder, Samara Bliss, told The Post on Tuesday. The phrase “New York is Dead” is a nod to the titles of early-pandemic essays about the droves of people leaving the city — including one in The Postthat prompted a rebuttal op-ed from Jerry Seinfeld titled “So you think New York is Dead? (It’s Not).”

“What Jerry really hit on the head is that New York isn’t for everyone and not everybody can make it here,” said Bliss. “We joke that New York has trimmed the fat"
Bliss quipped: “We’re totally fine without everyone else here.”

Last edited:

catalog

This thread was inspired in part by this episode of fuck that's delicious

I know New York has lost it a bit now but this episode summed up to me so many aspects of why I love the new Yorkness of New Yorkers. By which I mean working class New Yorkers, not people from a woody Allen movie.
Does anyone watch the matty Matheson vice cooking show? Have I talked about it already?

Heart attack Canadian chef uses a lot of oil to make "big dog" meals

Shite thread. Lol What’s your favourite colour guys lol if you could eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be lol lets get to know each other

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Shiels spent his childhood lying on his bed as the rain pelted the windows outside, drawing exotic Arabian landscapes with his felt tips, dreaming that a magic carpet would arrive outside his window to take him away from this dismal grey hell and whisk him to the land of scimitars sultans and sultry belly dancers under a deep blue starry sky. Then he flew there as an adult and got food poisoning. Sad!

luka

Might not have even been the last time but I shat myself in Egypt about four-five years ago. I dunno how I got a dodgy stomach (could have been any number of reasons) - all I know is that I was drinking a can of Sprite in my hotel room, looking forward to a boat trip down the nile which was commencing the next day, when suddenly I did a fart that was more liquid than the contents of the can I was sipping from. I rushed to the toilet, squitted a bit and laughed it off - 'So that was my experience of diahorrea while travelling' I thought, smugly.

I spent the rest of the night shitting and sweating and vomiting. At one point I was sick in the sink at the SAME TIME as letting loose a pound of chocolate Angel Delight from my arse-end. I went to bed, teary eyed and turdy arsed, about five hours later. I shat myself in my sleep, waking up to find myself tucked into what was effectively a gigantic sheet of used Andrex.

Then on the boat down the nile, I lay on my back and moaned a lot for about two days, occasionally leaving the boat to go and do a wet shit in the desert sands while stray dogs circled around me hoping that some Pedigree chum would fall out of my bumhole.

One night (and I'm not lying) I had a dream where I was in a 'who can shit the fastest?' contest. The guy judging the contest counted down from 3. On '1' I woke up. If I could have shrunk the boat we were on to the size of a chocolate mini roll than we could have gone on a little cruise down my trouser legs.''

- shat in a hedge on new years day about five years or more ago. left a party in the middle of the countryside while pissed up... stormed off, basically, with the intention of walking home (even though i was miles from home and had no idea how to even get close to near it), ended up walking around in pitch darkness half freezing to death. that was when the hedge shitting occured.

- several other times in numerous fields. i grew up in a fairly rural area. its par for the course.

luka

Heart attack Canadian chef uses a lot of oil to make "big dog" meals

yeah hes the biggest dickhead on youtube. worst thing on the whole platorm. id rather watch mens rights activists kidnapping their daughters from a shopping mall creche