Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
sounds like a job for the archivist
1*kt8zdy8oe4ok8Dn7lH0u1A.jpeg

woops

is not like other people
is @version an AI? scouring threads for relevant terms to cross-reference with the text of Don DeLillo novels and quoting several related paragraphs. Eventually the @version mainframe became self-aware enough to realise user @woops was always complaining about this and randomly selected liam gallagher videos instead?

version

i'm actually 20,000 words into a space opera novel about dissensus at the moment. version's character's called The Archivist.
"I, The Archivist, know not to forget the long shadows cast by the searing light of the past. My recklessness as a younger man, shall too cast darkness over my legacy. Now boy go, the hadron gunner ship, the galaxy needs you. In time I shall join you, but for now, I must erase the mushroom sick from my mother's carpet"

woops

is not like other people
I don't. I have ad and script blockers.
i get more and more pissed off with shit popping up on my computer all the time as if someone else controls it, like the antivirus continually hassling me, i've noticed that something often changes my homepage to safe search somehow and i have to change it back, i think something has disabled my ad blocker too as i get ads on youtube all of a sudden

version

i get more and more pissed off with shit popping up on my computer all the time as if someone else controls it, like the antivirus continually hassling me, i've noticed that something often changes my homepage to safe search somehow and i have to change it back, i think something has disabled my ad blocker too as i get ads on youtube all of a sudden
Which ad blocker you using? You want uBlock Origin.

woops

is not like other people
ok i'll check it out but tbh my brother installed the one i was using and i'm useless as fuck at that kind of stuff

woops

is not like other people
when smartphones are criminal, only criminals will have smartphones. i think we've passed the point of countries outlawing internet access though

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I think there could be a major potential flip regarding consumerism, about positively incorporating brands into one's identity, in a way that feels less like a corporate invasion of the psyche. I think the arrangements could be interpreted differently, from both a corporate and consumer perspective.

Form the former, brands and products would rely on "community leaders" to foster the sort of impressions made by the brand/product.

Anyway it seems this kind of widespread dissatisfaction with being reduced to a consumer, factors into the kind of prevailing dystopian perspective which predominantly seems fueled by climate change and profound wealth inequality, i.e. "corporate feudalism".

It'll only be that bad if single-bottom-line reasoning is still the dominant reasoning, and that is becoming less tenable, with people seeming to be holding brands to higher ethical standards, combined with liberal democratic efforts toward sustainable global economy.

woops

is not like other people
@craner's self-referential system aside,
woops said:
yes, this figment of the worst parts of my mind is a universal truth. that's the fun of being a french (or french-inspired) intellectual, same goes for Mark Fisher and PKD
maybe this was an unfair comment on my part.

mark fisher's whole thing is about how depression is systemic, not a result of unbalanced brain chemistry, but a result of the environment he lived in. he tried to demonstrate that capitalism (capital-k-capital) was "depressogenic", that depression was not a flaw in the individual. he didn't listen to the caretaker and other depressing music and write about it just from a personal point of view. he looked at what it was about the conditions of what he was experiencing that might lead to feeling depressed. of course, the system can never admit that it might induce feelings of negativity, tantamount to admitting it has failed.