version

Apparently we've been suffering from making it through WWII relatively intact; Europe was leveled and had to rebuild whilst we limped on with now-ancient infrastructure.

sus

what is both interesting and worrying to me about london (or londoners rather) is the often met tendency for a bit of martyrological spicing up of the big city hustle.
no wonder not many are happy, you cannot be with bread of this quality.
I don't want to go back all the way to "why the fuck would you stay on this island with shitty weather?", because that seems rather pointless.

Still, I do get a sense some of this shit they are sitting in - is their own shit.
Londoners are masochists.
They don't want to have right angles nor flat floors in their houses.
They do not fancy warm food, they want the tesco's ploughmans sandwich straight from the fridge and a bag of crisps.
Yes there are a lot of people in this city who are struggling, but I do get a feeling some of the not-so-badly doing ones love to cosplay the struggle and have a wank over it, too.
Even middle class fucking targeted ads refer to the fact that London is tough and oh yes it does take certainly take serious balls to get through a day in this shitter.
Great post. Couldn't agree more. They're not tough at all they're big softy fakers.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm actually not very patriotic about London, being Turkish and all, I like it exactly for the reasons patriots dislike it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
but I'm sure @wektor has this with the Polish community in that our lot will moan about how they want to move to turkey, pack it in... but when they are back in Turkey for a holiday or something, on the third day they are like nepotism, corruption, blah blah at least London has stability.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Could Gus get Weatherall-pilled through a specific track horizon? The city man’s city man all the way to the Great Plains of east anglia. Not JBO, a remix, brain frazzled from work memory

sus

I'm not averse to that criticism but then that makes new yorkers squishy donuts, which is worse than being a softy. spilling everywhere.
I'm a Midwestern mountain man. Everyone here is 6'3" strong Germanic and Scandinavian genetic mixtures, blue eyed too we're all beautiful, strong, we work plows and harvest, huge muscles and lumberjack festivals to show them off

sus

I'm actually not very patriotic about London, being Turkish and all, I like it exactly for the reasons patriots dislike it.
I would happily sacrifice all of London to keep Istanbul. If the decision were up to me. It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive thing. But it could be.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
wetherall, and this is my most unpopular opinion probably, is fucking awful

nah, he's made some bangers and put out some banging mixes. He was not without his faults (quite a few) but there's a part of his career where he went full drexciyan electro which i don't think you will be able to hate with any conviction.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm a Midwestern mountain man. Everyone here is 6'3" strong Germanic and Scandinavian genetic mixtures, blue eyed too we're all beautiful, strong, we work plows and harvest, huge muscles and lumberjack festivals to show them off

but you don't drink fermented cows milk, so, again, the Turk wins.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I would happily sacrifice all of London to keep Istanbul. If the decision were up to me. It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive thing. But it could be.

Oh istanbul is way better than London. That's not even up for debate. But you need a revenue stream coming from the UK to live there, but if you do, you will live like fucking pharoah. otherwise wages there are 19th century Britain equivalent.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
wetherall, and this is my most unpopular opinion probably, is fucking awful

also he did it all, not always successfully, but at least he tried. That can't be said for most people in dance music who embarrass themselves after the age of 25.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok, gus, if you aren't gonna do Silver Bullet, I'd like you to do this one.

@luka this one is designed to explain that loveablely hipster area known as Shoreditch to him.

luka

yeah right hmmm shoreditch looks like a Nike advert. its full of young healthy optimistic people from all ethnic backgrounds with trendy shoes and money in their pocket.

luka

I've been meaning to start a thread on commodified London, a glossy repackaged version of London street culture with the poverty and desperation airbrushed out. A Shoreditch box park vision of creatives in box fresh Nike Airs, smiling, multiracial, good looking and cool exemplified in my mind by an addidas advert that was inescapable on youtube a few months back and soundtracked by Ms Banks-Chat to Mi Gyal.