version

but you don't drink fermented cows milk, so, again, the Turk wins.
This guy who's trying to drink every drink mentioned in Pynchon went to Kyrgyzstan and drank some fermented horse milk thing called 'Kumis' that sounded horrible;

"I cannot claim to have become a real kumis fan. The combination of acidity, creamy milkiness, and meaty smoke (which I think must come from the wood fired stoves being used around all the houses and yurts while the milk’s fermenting) is really pretty challenging going for an unaccustomed palate. Kyrgyz people wishing to cure themselves of an ailment will sometimes undergo a kumis therapy involving drinking five 200 mL cups in a day. I still feel that the only thing that much kumis might cure me of is the will to live."

luka

im anti club culture and he is an icon of club culture. wearing fancy clothes and looking good.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Wasn't Metalheadz supposed to be like that too? Celebrities turning up, The Face etc.

yeah but Luke hates metalheadz. But I think some celebrities went to awol so there's a bit of mythmaking here. Bjork definitely did as she was shagging goldie.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i find the contrast between luke and gus fascinating. Luke ultimately rejects cool, but has to cling to it for ideological reasons. Whereas Gus can't reject it because he has no fully formed concept of it.

luka

i think that is the only song Gus will love unconditionally. in fact it might make him a Londoner overnight if he plays it at an adequate volume