thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Gus I'm not clement like Webbie. I'm going to have fish fingers now and I expect you to have done those first two, otherwise luke will just keep on posting tunes.

sus

Let us first, however, commence with a tune from the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, whıch, incidentally, is not where Stamford Bridge is located. They are, in fact, technically based in Fulham, Walham Green, SW6. This one goes out to the labbrooke grove massive, we will be taking Gus back, way back.

Snark, strut, sneer—composure degrading into apocalyptica. Don't know the history of garage so can't situate it, but there's a ton of post-Ptooff music that sounds like this, The Orwells more or less lift their entire guitar+vocal style from this template; nice to hear origins. It feels haunted in a similar way to The Doors, and doing an adjacent calm-to-collapsing choreography—almost trying to be mystic and repellant at the same time. Very "cool" music—the kind of dude who listens to this wears leather jackets, owns two shirts and one pair of pants, drinks hair of dog.

luka

Do you think they're able to behave this way because they're sloshed, or is it a deeper cultural difference? Even as schoolboys we Americans are too atomized and self-conscious to start chanting fight songs together.
im not convinced this is true cos the career of Lil Jon

sus

If he travelled East on the District Line (past the old Boleyn Ground, home of West Ham) and also travelled back in time, he'd end up in Hornchurch circa 1986, where he'd definitely hear this:

Sound of the suburbs
This is great. I love the way it cuts between sparse/dry and wet/lush. Whatever's happening (synth??) at 2:55 it's nuts and I love it, also big on the electric piano that enters around 4:00 in.

Last edited:

luka

ive never liked her voice or music but shes part of londons DNA for better or worse

luka

i made a 1001 song playlist to sum up londons musical heritige but i lost it when they deleted my account for trolling people too much and annoying them

• Wow
Reactions: sus

sus

there is something interestingly perverse about people who join a group and make a point of opposing all the group-values.
im not suggesting we should respect his difference, i agree with thrid, we should steamroller him flat if we can, but it's
interesting and you can admire it to a degree
I agree with many of the group values, I just don't budge on the points of dissent—like any warm-blooded American, individuality's important to me.