luka

i can hold optimism and pessimsm in perfect productive tension. it makes me the complete person in a way

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Snark, strut, sneer—composure degrading into apocalyptica. Don't know the history of garage so can't situate it, but there's a ton of post-Ptooff music that sounds like this, The Orwells more or less lift their entire guitar+vocal style from this template; nice to hear origins. It feels haunted in a similar way to The Doors, and doing an adjacent calm-to-collapsing choreography—almost trying to be mystic and repellant at the same time. Very "cool" music—the kind of dude who listens to this wears leather jackets, owns two shirts and one pair of pants, drinks hair of dog.

And the first tower has been struck!

• Haha
Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This is an OK vocal line over an amazing Dylan sample. Sorry.

I thought you'd say that, which is why I picked it. Part of london is about embracing knock off soul, our own home made imitations of american music, wonky approximations which don't intend to be original, but end up being so. We know we're second rate, it's part of the self-deprication. We will casually make death threats to our mates in the pub and they will laugh, whereas in America there is an earnestness which doesn't allow for the same degree of snark and sarcasm. In London everyone is sarcastic, unless they are tourists.

sus

I thought you'd say that, which is why I picked it. Part of london is about embracing knock off soul, our own home made imitations of american music, wonky approximations which don't intend to be original, but end up being so. We know we're second rate, it's part of the self-deprication. We will casually make death threats to our mates in the pub and they will laugh, whereas in America there is an earnestness which doesn't allow for the same degree of snark and sarcasm. In London everyone is sarcastic, unless they are tourists.
I like the theory here more than the music, probably, but I'm always glad to learn.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Ok Gus the third one I want you to do is this, and if you feel different about this to Gabrielle, explain why.

luka

London took to Rihannna, i love her to bits but you have to understand Gabrielle as a thing in her own right but thrid has weirdly given you the wrong tune the right one is called sunshine

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
London took to Rihannna, i love her to bits but you have to understand Gabrielle as a thing in her own right but thrid has weirdly given you the wrong tune the right one is called sunshine

no I haven't.

I understand the indie mindset better than you, I had to endure royal holloway rock soc, it was traumatic.