wektor

it is a dangerous object, even with a timer.
the bed is simply too comfortable and warm to and sometimes I would go back to sleep after breakfast.

wektor

it is a dangerous object, even with a timer.
the bed is simply too comfortable and warm to and sometimes I would go back to sleep after breakfast.
It can completely disarm you and remove the will to do anything. Just stay in the artificial womb and sweat a little.

woops

is not like other people
You're living on top of a live electric grid.
and surrounded by and under one. i've got one of these blankets the secret is to turn it off before you go to sleep so as to be sure you're not on fire.

wektor

also craner smokes in bed so hes on shaky ground here
Bonfire_Header_2.jpg

woops

is not like other people
i have never smoked in bed even once in my entire life, that'd be like having a drink in your pyjamas

catalog

i think i have done in the past, but it's basically a wrong thing on a lot of levels. unless you're french. or marilyn.

wektor

I think that's the only thing I can recall which proves similar to the heating blanket experience is codeine
have opiate users just taken their need for snug coziness a step too far?

luka

I think that's the only thing I can recall which proves similar to the heating blanket experience is codeine
have opiate users just taken their need for snug coziness a step too far?
theres something terrifying about a drug which makes you feel good and nothing else. i wouldnt go near anything like that personally.

luka

theres two great prynne quotes on this topic of comfort on is about the cold crisp air being one of the prime compentences of the english mind or something and another about there being no moral virtue in not turning the heating on

Last edited:

luka

i had a nice cold shower today then i went to sit in the cold to make up for yesterdays self-indulgence.

version

We clearly don't want total comfort as most of us on here seem to balk at the loss of friction that accompanies dematerialisation; same with the threads on drinking 'til unconsciousness.

woops

is not like other people
theres two great prynne quotes on this topic of comfort on is about the cold crisp air being one of the prime compentences of the english mind or something and another about there being no moral virtue in not turning the heating on
why is it that air is only ever crisp outdoors even if it's freezing indoors? it's not the wind cos if it's windy it will not be crisp just freezing