luka

i associate too much comfort with fat around the middle, mental lassitude, idleness, sluggish metabolism etc. on some level i do find it disgusting and contemptible. have another mr kipling, ooh no, i mustnt, ooh go on be naughty, ooh alright then, just one more fondant fancy, the pink one,

woops

is not like other people
i associate too much comfort with fat around the middle, mental lassitude, idleness, sluggish metabolism etc. on some level i do find it disgusting and contemptible. have another mr kipling, ooh no, i mustnt, ooh go on be naughty, ooh alright then, just one more fondant fancy, the pink one,
protestant genes. the key words here are "too much". i agree there's something disgusting about indulging yourself doesn't stop me drinking ten pints but that has its own built in punishment right around the corner. sometimes i'll do something i don't feel like doing out of some notion of penance for doing something i felt a bit too much like doing

version

213075_016.jpg

linebaugh

Comfort is also a more embarrassing 'meme' of the times. 'Oh I cant adulting today I just want to stay in bed with my cats.' And netflix binging and 'ghosting' and, not to say its always the case, but much talk on anxiety is less about mental illness and more about staying comftorable in your home with its endless entertainemnt options

woops

is not like other people
Comfort is also a more embarrassing 'meme' of the times. 'Oh I cant adulting today I just want to stay in bed with my cats.' And netflix binging and 'ghosting' and, not to say its always the case, but much talk on anxiety is less about mental illness and more about staying comftorable in your home with its endless entertainemnt options
@Corpsey

linebaugh

Thinking about it its quite easy to get worked up and say I HATE comfort but I think thats the same impulse that elected hitler

version

That appears to be the ideal neoliberal subject these days. A person who demands a world as curated as their timeline.

version

Christopher Lasch's Angry Ghost has been writing about this combination of poptimism, identity politics, neoliberalism, Virilio's synchronisation of emotion and other things for a while; how it's all combined into this frictionless world where discomfort's intolerable, e.g. fandoms.

mixed_biscuits

It turns out the moths don't like it either.

version

Christopher Lasch's Angry Ghost has been writing about this combination of poptimism, identity politics, neoliberalism, Virilio's synchronisation of emotion and other things for a while; how it's all combined into this frictionless world where discomfort's intolerable, e.g. fandoms.
It isn't applicable to the world at large, but it seems to hold true for the people who spend a lot of time in certain areas of the internet. It's the same impulse I talked about in 'The Darkest Timeline', the desire to escape to a place where the things and people you don't like simply don't exist and can no longer intrude.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
A cold home is a content home, a warm home is grotesquely clammy and suffocating. Reminds me of school. Muggy classrooms full of snot

If you ever invite me round your gaff and I have to wipe my brow from clammy environs, I’ll be forced to leave immediately

Having said that, after a long night shift during winter, hitting the sack and cuddling up to other half is the epitome of heaven. It borders on temporary hibernation

version

It isn't applicable to the world at large, but it seems to hold true for the people who spend a lot of time in certain areas of the internet. It's the same impulse I talked about in 'The Darkest Timeline', the desire to escape to a place where the things and people you don't like simply don't exist and can no longer intrude.
Linebaugh's hero, Byung-Chul Han, talks about this stuff in terms of the disappearance of the other. It's the same idea as in that Melville excerpt on the first page about only truly feeling warmth if some part of you feels cold. The opposition is crucial.

linebaugh

Linebaugh's hero, Byung-Chul Han, talks about this stuff in terms of the disappearance of the other. It's the same idea as in that Melville excerpt on the first page about only truly feeling warmth if some part of you feels cold. The opposition is crucial.
Baudrillard talks about it the same way. says that the complete aversion to the other causes cultural production to mimic metastatic cancer.