Battle Rap

catalog

i mean arthur jafa and greg tate have probably talked about it a bit. jafa has said how the culture of blackness is contained in the body etc. and ofc the breaking down of 5%ers and adversarial discourse generally. the dozens all that.

forclosure

Multis are cool

Shuffle-T has written a whole dictionary of them - all I need to do is commit them to memory now, like an emory cow before a felony row so you get a hella me pow. See, not labored at all
Have you listened to anything Eminem has put out over the last decade?
Or like Tech N9ne or any of those white rappers who make "death to mumble rap" videos? That's what I'm talking about

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
I mean yeah if you like that modern Eminem grating voice overly laboured "multi" style of rapping
And some of them can hold their own with the pre-eminent music making rappers too

It's not just multi-mania, some of it is pure comedy (which is the main reason I love it - yes sometimes you are laughing at them)

woops

is not like other people
ive watched most of the clips in this thread their addictive even as im watching thinking dear god this is so embarrassing, those guys will look back on the barttle rap period of there lives and wonder what they were thinking imo

mixed_biscuits

catalog

it's a necessary stage everyone should go through. i think we should have conscription back as well.

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
I think there's little debate that the likes of Charlie Clips, Daylyt, Murda Mook and Hollow are some of the best rappers in the world.

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
There's a lot of complaints of feeling awkward and embarrassed in this thread but precious little analysis of why this might be (and whether it's a correct response)
well if i had to supply a reason maybe it's got something to do with the way they stand their smiling at the insults, thinkng yeah nice one mate, whereas i myself would be saying shut the fuck up man and stop it with all they gay slurs

mixed_biscuits

well if i had to supply a reason maybe it's got something to do with the way they stand their smiling at the insults, thinkng yeah nice one mate, whereas i myself would be saying shut the fuck up man and stop it with all they gay slurs
Fair

But then they also talk about stabbing or shooting each other and raping their relatives which is possibly worse if taken at face value

woops

is not like other people
its funny how i never listen to the tunes people post on here when there saying here are 1000 classic tracks but as soon as theres somthing absolutely terrible, ppl rappin without even a beat on i listen to them all 1 after the other, hmm

woops

is not like other people
in fact can anyone explain to me why they don't have a beat on. during these battle's

woops

is not like other people
ive watched most of that film as well before my laptop battery ran iout and i fucked it off,
that supernatural v juice battle is v famous, i've listened to it before on soulseek,
used to hear supernatural on anonymous london radio station in 2002 and made a tape