Battle Rap

rubberdingyrapids

there is an argument that fighting with words is better than fists. and it is better for the participants' health obv. but battle rapping is ultimately just a bit of a silly sport (sorry!).

its fun in the moment, and entertaining (i enjoyed the battles in rap game on bbc with target and krepz n konan), but its not meant for posterity. unless you think playing the dozens is an artform (and maybe it is). this is what dre3000 was thinking of when he said 'rap is about talking shit'.

luka

in my opinion no one who is not a literal african american should ever rap. thats the position i hold.

catalog

No, I think everyone should do whatever they want. What I'm saying is lukes point still stands, although I'm not as militant. . I like fela kuti as much as anyone.

luka

that makes it even worse. reminds me most of those old school comedians that just did one liners, gags.

forclosure

Also like your position only comes from the fact that you stopped yourself from rapping by putting that urge into something else but it's still there

Most people will take that absolutism to heart but me being me i'd ask ok but why