luka

gorgous
p02mqthy.jpg

luka

there's something at the root of it. right wing is the power bloc. it's those who already have power and those that toady up to them in the hope of favours. nothing in the world is complex imo.

luka

the right have many losers hoping to get special favours. the left have many resplendant people who have morals.

luka

i frankly dont like looking at ugly people and it's often distressing to me having to side with these people in scratchy jerseys but my ethics demands it. i have no idea what youre playing at.

luka

for men, the penis is our only source of pleasure in the world so we don't want to see people cut it off and regret it. that's understanable and humane imo. so being uncertain about 5 year olds cutting it off is totally fine. but maybe 5 year olds arent allowed to cut it off anyway. i don't know, i've not researched it.

luka

maybe someone more informed can clarify that for us. but being freaked out about that thought, imo, is totally fine.

luka

tea's right for, once, in saying that people born men who think they're women is pretty much a universal thing across all time and culture. so then you're left trying to decide what to do with them. eg, kill them, force them to live as men, let them be considered as literally women, or something in between.

luka

and that is what society is in the middle of trying to decide. it's interesting, and wild greens did a thread about it, that this question is suddenly a hot one, when before we were able to ignore it. but now it's in play and there are all sorts of test cases with regards to eg prisons, sports, womens short lists whatever whatever. and that's something the different factions will fight over till some kind of agreement is reached. it will take a few years and some upset people to some to a conclusion.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but maybe 5 year olds arent allowed to cut it off anyway. i don't know, i've not researched it.
Well they're not, of course, but the likes of biccies are nonetheless insisting that it's happening, or is about to start happening, or there's a big campaign underway to make it start happening.

luka

Well they're not, of course, but the likes of biccies are nonetheless insisting that it's happening, or is about to start happening, or there's a big campaign underway to make it start happening.
yeah i know that i was being facetious. but it is a fairly radical upheavel that's being proposed and it won't succeed in all its aims. you wont have transgender athletes competing in sport with women i don't think so they wont be considered as women in all aspects. some kind of compromise will be established. they will be considered as a special case. and no one will be happy as is the case with all compromises.

luka

it's a funny one cos obviously it's a really really fascinating thing to idly and disengagedly speculate about but on the other hand 33% of dissensus members are trans and maybe they don't really like people doing that. we do it between ourselves in a boorish way but doing it in public is a bit different