GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

http://dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=9236&page=9

i posted a 320 mp3 of it in the Good music/Bad Artist thread a few weeks back if you do digital... i def aint selling my copy!

Thanks, I do do digital :D

The nerd in me will need a vinyl copy at some point. There is one on Discogs for £50 but I'm not paying that.

I'm a bit of a div really, I have seen it on so many lists over the last few years and always thought Whitney Houston!?! and never even had a listen.

Itchy & Scratchy

From GrimeForum:
344dox4.gif

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/6/dizzee-rascal-falls-of-stage-749347.html

:D

petergunn

plywood violin
Thanks, I do do digital :D

The nerd in me will need a vinyl copy at some point. There is one on Discogs for £50 but I'm not paying that.

I'm a bit of a div really, I have seen it on so many lists over the last few years and always thought Whitney Houston!?! and never even had a listen.

search grime vinyl lots on Ebay, it pops up....

john eden

male pale and stale
Skepta's mixtape has a couple of good tracks on it. LOL on the way to work this morning at the tranny track.

Wiley's seems a lot better - lots of mad extended flows.

Cornflake

Dizzee....flop, i think i've got something here lol...

Quite pleased with both Wiley and Skepta's efforts...now those are albums!

Client Eastwood

Big up for that mix Elijah.

Even more so for this which I saw on your blog . . .

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

faustus

whats everyone's favourite tunes this year so far? (i know this would go in 'cliched threads' on grimeforum :D but would be interested to see what dissensus is feeling)

me:

killa p - police ar come/ big money sound
rude kid - jack daniels
lava unit/ d.e.velopment - listen up/ on the block
badness and riko - ya seemi fam

too few productions pushing it forward at the moment, i think i need to have a few months not hearing as much maniac and silencer

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
whats everyone's favourite tunes this year so far?
rude kid - jack daniels

This one. Fan-fuckin-tastic.
I've already banged on about my love for the Gutter Music version. The Dubstramental of Newham Gens - Head Get Mangled gets me every time too; though of course being a grime neophyte (grimeophyte?) I'm not sure how long it's been kicking about for prior to release.

Elijah

Butterz
@bangdiddley - Cheers. I upped it because of the caller afterwards really. I just said normal stuff that most people know.

@faustus

Like so many tunes here's a few:

Newham Generals - Bell Dem Slags
Swindle feat Manga, Flow Dan, Riko & J2K - Roll Deep Rally
Nasty Jack & Storming - One Spliff A Day
Starkey - Gutter Music VIP
Silencer - Dirtbag
Rude Kid - Jack Daniels
Maniac - G.R.I.M.E
Swindle - Swaggeristic
Joker - Psychedelic Runway
Ghetto - Autospy
Skepta - Sticks & Stones
Ghett0 & Mercston - Set You Free
Boy Better Know - Too Many Man
Newham Generals - Violence
Tempa T - Next Hype
Durrty Goodz - Grime Killers:cool:
P Money -Left The Room
Wiley -I Was Like You
Wiley -Where’s My Brother
Wiley - Average Worker
Joker - Do It
Skepta - Dark

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
^
Frisco - Ignorant remix ft. Roadside G's

I been a G from day since Rattle Pack/ So to all these new MCs running around talking about clashing and battle raps/ Mind you don't get happy slapped

Smiley's verse is fucked too.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Those two rave tracks don't really do it for me off that album. They sound dated, out of place, and the vocal effects on D Double and Footsie are superfluous and don't sound good. That being said, the tracks have grown on me, particularly Mind Is A Gun, although I think I most likely submitted to endless reptetition.

Supadupe is a big tune, but now I realize it also is kind of a cheap shot too. It's basically just Frontline re-packaged except not as good, isn't it?

Violence and Bell Dem Slags are still the highlights of that album for me. It really is a shame they didn't decide to include Merked Again and Move To The Beat. Or, to vocal 3 Plates actually.

gumdrops

that brickman/newhams tune is absolutely brilliant. footsie has so many good beats, i dont know why they didnt use more of them. i like supadupe though. yeah its the same old dee verses, but its still good (arguably better and more cohesive than frontline imo). i skip about a third of the album (just moving - too sluggish, hate the chorus, things i gotta do - for the same reason, violence - dont like dizzees verse) but the rest is all good to me. its nice to hear songs from grime artists that sound really '3D' for once. makes me look forward to the jammer album on dirtee stank in 2012 :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Those two rave tracks don't really do it for me off that album. They sound dated, out of place, and the vocal effects on D Double and Footsie are superfluous and don't sound good.

Yeah, it's interesting, as soon as I posted I was wondering if some people would respond to the tracks in this way. They are quite old-fashioned in some ways, without a doubt, but they work for me because the uptempo nature of them provides an instant way to raise the energy levels in the context of more contemporary sounding tunes. Of course a whole slew of tracks in that style would get pointless hella quick.

gumdrops

this terror danjah mix from night slugs is ridiculous, despite badness best attempts to ruin it :p i dunno what it is about badness, i like him on tracks, but not in raves at all (and ive seen him quite a few times now).

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
What I hate about live recordings in general is when the DJ wheels a tune up and you are treated to 3 or 4 seconds of white boys going brapbrapbrapbrapbrapbrap.

mos dan

fact music
What I hate about live recordings in general is when the DJ wheels a tune up and you are treated to 3 or 4 seconds of white boys going brapbrapbrapbrapbrapbrap.

hahahaha. if you want you can send me your fav pirate radio set/mix-cd and i'll happily ruin it by editing in some similar intervals of 3-4 seconds of me going brapbrapbrapbrapbrap :D