questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

john eden

male pale and stale
Where does the sample 'rydim fulla culture ya'll' come from, I probably first heard it on a PE song, Welcome to the Terrordome (?) and then on Itals Theme by Iration Rockers as they were then.

Googling it appears that Micky Dread used it for the Dread at the Controls show which im not familiar with. So is it an actual MD quote or it a sample from somewhere else ?

Yeah it's off a Mikey Dread album. Mikey Dread did a late night (possibly all-night?!) radio show in JA with loads of effects and jingles. So I think that was one of them.

Also "that's you n all dread - NASTY DUB" [?]

Client Eastwood

Laughing at Shonx missheard lyrics.

Another which croped up on last night listening. Scientist dub album the Voodoo Curse maybe - 'He can turn the tide, only he can turn the tempest by' or something like that. Love it long time, but what the original tune ?

matt b

Indexing all opinion

Another which croped up on last night listening. Scientist dub album the Voodoo Curse maybe - 'He can turn the tide, only he can turn the tempest by' or something like that. Love it long time, but what the original tune ?

dunno without being at home, but i think its a roots radics/junjo track. the vocal samples on the scientist vs/meets albums are not found on the original vocal versions

Client Eastwood

dunno without being at home, but i think its a roots radics/junjo track. the vocal samples on the scientist vs/meets albums are not found on the original vocal versions

Cheers fellas.

re vocal samples. Really. I was wondering about loads of those inc 'Jacky Lynn, Jacky Lynn, Jacky Lynn. Girl you must be born disipline' then massive bendy bass . . .

gabriel

The Heatwave
I'm pretty sure Beenie Man says "How can I make love to a fella in a rush, pass me the keys to my truck" in Who am I too. I think that's probably infinitely more amusing than what he actually says cars, blah blah blah, birds, blah blah blah I'm fucking wicked i am blah blah blah loadsamoney etc.

Apologies to any bir...ahem ladies reading this, I was born in the 70's. Shocking I know.

that is actually exactly what he says. there's been much discussion over the past 10 years as to where the punctuation in that sentence goes. beenie maintains that it's "How can i make love to a fella? In a rush, pass me the keys to my truck". but bounty killer and co and general beenie man haters are adamanant that it should be heard/read as you've written it, which obviously changes the meaning somewhat :D

john eden

male pale and stale

I thought that was Johnny Osbourne, but I might well be wrong.

john eden

male pale and stale
picture.php

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Nah we've only be given Office 2007 today, and I think that's enough arsing about with it for now!

good, because i've just noticed that they're still struggling with the idea that graphical representations should be the same as the numerical value (e.g. the graph gets to about 94/100, rather than 100/100).

that i've noticed it makes me sad, so lets move on

john eden

male pale and stale
good, because i've just noticed that they're still struggling with the idea that graphical representations should be the same as the numerical value (e.g. the graph gets to about 94/100, rather than 100/100).

that i've noticed it makes me sad, so lets move on

I think it might be a perspective thing as it's supposed to be 3D?

But yes, moving on:

How come there are no decent UK Dub compilations these days?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
How come there are no decent UK Dub compilations these days?

because they don't sell?

there are plenty of 10"/12"s being released, but i'd guess that licensing etc is a nightmare, particularly after dubhead's final few releases (talk of no payments etc).

generally, it simply isn't home listening music- casual cd buyers aren't going to get it.

there have been some good uk-dub lps (including one compilation) released recently though. all from sip a cup:

wicked comp:
http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/various---roots--dub-vol-1-sip-a-cup-cd-2167-p.asp

artist showcase lps:

earl 16
http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/earl-six...-a-cup-showcase-vol-5-sip-a-cup-lp-3764-p.asp
includes a version of 'down here in babylon' and a lyric/melody theft from 'house of the rising sun'!

twinkle brothers
http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/twinkle-...-a-cup-showcase-vol-1-sip-a-cup-lp-2051-p.asp

ther's another one by a bloke from brum that's good as well as a matic horns and a danny red one i've yet to see.

in a more digi-style, mungo's have a new cd out too:
http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/various---mungos-hifi-sound-system-champions-scotch-bonnet-cd-3884-p.asp

forgot to add the new vibronics lp (not heard it. not rushing to):
http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/vibronics---uk-dub-story-scoops-double-lp-2294-p.asp

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah I guess they don't sell but it's frustrating for me cos it seems like there is the odd tune I will like and then the rest is identikit dour rubbish.

So I sort've need some kind of filtering system. I should probably check stryda's radio show.