paolo

Mechanical phantoms
This thread is something like a hundred pages longer than the 'makes me chuckle to myself' thread. Draw your own conclusions

bandshell

Grand High Witch
People using "party" as a verb to mean taking drugs. The interviewers in the Charlie Sheen interviews say it so much. Does my head in.

BareBones

wheezy
those stupid, stupid fucking boots that so many men are wearing at the moment. you know the ones. a trend started (i think) by JLS and one fucking direction. i see so many men at london bridge wearing them, and they all look like desperate cunts. And while we're at it, those ridiculously low-cut v-neck t-shirts can get to fuck as well.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
And while we're at it, those ridiculously low-cut v-neck t-shirts can get to fuck as well.

Only if the person has a stupid haircut too. I say this as I have one of these T-shirts, strictly for use in August, but don't have a stupid haircut (at least not in the way I mean).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
those stupid, stupid fucking boots that so many men are wearing at the moment. you know the ones. a trend started (i think) by JLS and one fucking direction. i see so many men at london bridge wearing them, and they all look like desperate cunts. And while we're at it, those ridiculously low-cut v-neck t-shirts can get to fuck as well.

What kind of boots - do you mean the ones with the awful pointy toes? :eek:

While we're bitching about boots, I'd just like to add: Ugg boots! double-:eek:

BareBones

wheezy
No I mean the sort of worker-style or almost military-style boots that are worn casually unlaced at the top so they're all loose and you can tuck your jeans or fucking combat trousers into them. i'm trying to find a picture to demonstrate but maddeningly every photo ever taken of one direction seems to be from the waist-up. also if you ever watch 'take me out', then maybe like every third guy will be wearing them.

the pointy-toed ones are pretty bad too though, yeah.

baboon - just don't get the boots to go with it!

BareBones

wheezy
you know, it's not really the boots that do my head in. they're just normal leather boots. sensible footwear. it's more the way they're worn in that particular style, all these grown men going around trying to look like fucking one direction.

i woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

alex

Do not read this.
those stupid, stupid fucking boots that so many men are wearing at the moment. you know the ones. a trend started (i think) by JLS and one fucking direction. i see so many men at london bridge wearing them, and they all look like desperate cunts..

My god how stupid are they, I mean, because they are being worn by the most cuntish of ‘men’ they probably cost an arm & a leg. And I swear the ‘fashion’ (loose, loose) is that they should be smashed to pieces and look like you have had them for years?? LAMES.

My gripe is the new Nescafe advert, for the 3 in one thing.
1.) the people look NOTHING like they have been up all night, not gurning, no wide, drug fuelled eyes, no comedown paranoia, doesn’t even look like they are hungover ffs
2.) the product itself, 3 in one, so not only are you putting the milk and the fucking coffee in for us, you think we need to have the sugar thrown in? How fucking lazy do you think we are? I mean, this has gone from instant coffee, which is bad enough, to this??

BareBones

wheezy
what about that deodorant that "lasts for 48 hours". as if you're gonna wake up in the morning and think, well i put deodorant on yesterday morning, i'll not bother today.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
you might as well just hermetically seal all your pores. never need deodorant again.

And yes, Nescafe tastes way worse than (most?) gash.

An advertising campaign based on gash comparison might be an ill-thought out plan.

Client Eastwood

My god how stupid are they, I mean, because they are being worn by the most cuntish of ‘men’ they probably cost an arm & a leg. And I swear the ‘fashion’ (loose, loose) is that they should be smashed to pieces and look like you have had them for years?? LAMES.

My gripe is the new Nescafe advert, for the 3 in one thing.
1.) the people look NOTHING like they have been up all night, not gurning, no wide, drug fuelled eyes, no comedown paranoia, doesn’t even look like they are hungover ffs
2.) the product itself, 3 in one, so not only are you putting the milk and the fucking coffee in for us, you think we need to have the sugar thrown in? How fucking lazy do you think we are? I mean, this has gone from instant coffee, which is bad enough, to this??

We need an adverts that do your head thread. I nominate the dating one where the couple meet in a music shop and they start singing about which is the best Godfather film . . .:mad: