Leo

Lolwhut? Is this a ref to some kind of ancient Hebrew rodent sacrifice thing, or what?

i assume he means the "...mau5" part of the name deadmau5 (as in art spiegelman's graphic novel "maus"), although i may be entirely wrong.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i assume he means the "...mau5" part of the name deadmau5 (as in art spiegelman's graphic novel "maus"), although i may be entirely wrong.

I read some stupid story about how he was chatting on a forum and mentioned a dead mouse he'd found in his room and people starting to refer to him as "that dead mouse guy". The "maus" spelling is just German, innit.

I don't know why I know this, I've never heard any of his music but he's Canadian and apparently makes "progressive house", so he's almost definitely shit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Deadmau5_live.jpg

Nuff said, I think.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Deadmau5 (a.k.a. Joel Zimmerman) is a Jewish DJ/producer who typically performs wearing a giant Styrofoam mouse head.

OK, I've identified the part of this sentence that I object to on an ideological basis.

Local Authority

bitch city
Got called up last Thursday at work asking if I wanted to transfer roles to one of the biggest clubs in London. After chasing them up over email this is the reply I get.

Hi *,

This role is now on hold as they are so busy with other things but I will certainly keep you posted! I think ideally they would be looking for someone full time but will check.

On another note, my brother * is a Progressive House Producer and DJ, in contact with the likes of *.

Is this the clubs style? Are you responsible for booking your DJ's?

Obviously fucking not.

It seems as if the initial query was only a rouse to get their brother some bookings.

Leo

heat.

mid-to-upper 90s in NY area for the past week or so, going to be near 100 tomorrow. literally can't do anything outdoors, just stay inside and amass a huge electricity bill by running the air conditioner day and night. we live on the top floor of our building, which makes it even worse as the sun beats down on the roof just above our heads (can feel the difference in temps as you walk up the stairs, got to be at least 10 degrees warmer up here compared to the ground floor).

feel the summer drifting away while you're locked indoors, sucks.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That kind of heat is only acceptable if you have some nice water to lounge around and occasionally splash about in, preferably with an outrageously coloured cocktail in hand and some hunnies to cast an appreciative eye over.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
heat.

mid-to-upper 90s in NY area for the past week or so, going to be near 100 tomorrow. literally can't do anything outdoors, just stay inside and amass a huge electricity bill by running the air conditioner day and night. we live on the top floor of our building, which makes it even worse as the sun beats down on the roof just above our heads (can feel the difference in temps as you walk up the stairs, got to be at least 10 degrees warmer up here compared to the ground floor).

feel the summer drifting away while you're locked indoors, sucks.

I recommend some sort of shaded outdoor area

Benny Bunter

Tell me about it. I've made the rather questionable decision to stay in Seville the entire summer. 40 degrees celcius practically every day, I have to sleep with an electric fan on me all night and go to bed hugging a cold water bottle like a teddy bear.

The forecast says 44 degrees next friday :eek:

Leo

Tell me about it. I've made the rather questionable decision to stay in Seville the entire summer. 40 degrees celcius practically every day, I have to sleep with an electric fan on me all night and go to bed hugging a cold water bottle like a teddy bear.

The forecast says 44 degrees next friday :eek:

uhg, sounds rough. one source of (temporary) relief is to get in the shower, turn the water rather cool/cold, and let it hit your scalp, then back of your neck, then back of your knees. maybe i'm imagining things but those areas seem to be sensitive to cold and help cool the entire body. of course, you do have to step out of the shower at some point.

Benny Bunter

uhg, sounds rough. one source of (temporary) relief is to get in the shower, turn the water rather cool/cold, and let it hit your scalp, then back of your neck, then back of your knees. maybe i'm imagining things but those areas seem to be sensitive to cold and help cool the entire body. of course, you do have to step out of the shower at some point.

yeah, I find running cold water over your wrists for a minute seems to help, but I actually think its better to have hot showers in hot weather. Whenever I step out of a cold shower the first beads of sweat appear again before my foot hits the bathroom floor.

Leo

the fact that i'm already annoyed by the dirty projectors, even though i've not heard anything from their new album. maybe it just the impending dread of a summer of gushing articles.

BareBones

wheezy
Right, this second wave of Go Compare adverts. Has anyone mentioned these yet? Cos they are truly sickening. The ones where they're now adopting this attitude of false complicity with the audience, like "yes, we hate that singer too! Let's blow him up!" - along with all the new pre-defaced billboards everywhere. Billboards that are designed to look as if someone has bothered to spraypaint these tame, pre-watershed insults on them. Leaving aside the fact that they've got Sue Barker as the one with the bazooka in the TV ads because, ho ho, that's hilarious isn't it? ISN'T IT?!

There's something so fucking insidious and manipulative about this kind of advertising which I can't quite articulate properly and i'm hoping someone here will help me out.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
There's something so fucking insidious and manipulative about this kind of advertising which I can't quite articulate properly and i'm hoping someone here will help me out.

It's the false complicity, as you rightly pointed out. Same as Pret a Manger - "We like to save the environment as much as you do. If our staff give you too many napkins, feel free to tell them off". Hideous and nasty.

Leo

It's the false complicity, as you rightly pointed out. Same as Pret a Manger - "We like to save the environment as much as you do. If our staff give you too many napkins, feel free to tell them off". Hideous and nasty.

imagine living in a spin-free world? it all makes me want to go live in a cabin in the woods.