Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Various sound files on my iPod deciding to speed themselves up a bit, apparently at random. Is this even possible? Making me question my sanity. :eek:

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Yeah it's certainly possible. Unfortunately it will be caused by some sort of corruption of the files, unless it's a limited edition Dissensus ipod. If you bought one of them the problem is a tiny community of elves (from London, but now living inside your ipod) pushing the pitch to +8, gradually incorporating Jamaican soundsystem culture, and generally increasing the perceived 'rudeness' of your MP3s.

Client Eastwood

Yeah it's certainly possible. Unfortunately it will be caused by some sort of corruption of the files, unless it's a limited edition Dissensus ipod. If you bought one of them the problem is a tiny community of elves (from London, but now living inside your ipod) pushing the pitch to +8, gradually incorporating Jamaican soundsystem culture, and generally increasing the perceived 'rudeness' of your MP3s.

haha. My IRiver can do this and its proper old it is.

martin

----
The 'spilling pints' poltergeist. For the last 10 days, it's been stalking me. I upended 3 in 3 nights, totally soaking the people I was sitting with. Then, on Tues night this week, 3 separate groups in the same pub spilt their pints over each other. Tonight, my mate Kate knocked one over on another friend, and I nearly did again, while gesticulating wildly. Then, as we were all leaving, someone near the door knocked his all over the table. I haven't spilt my / watched others spill their pint(s) in over 10 years, but it's all kicking off now, and in the same pub. Maybe it's haunted, who knows...

STN

sou'wester
though you did once spill a pint over idlerich. anyway, I'm sat listening to ozric tentacles, so what do i know.

martin

----
Oh shit...I forgot about that one.
Oh and on myself in Wapping.
Oh, and in June, trying to swat a fly.

Moderator, please delete my last post

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
though you did once spill a pint over idlerich. anyway, I'm sat listening to ozric tentacles, so what do i know.

Haha, I was just thinking about when Rich met some Dissensians (other than me) for the first time a couple of years back and later told me "Yeah, they all seem pretty sound, although one clumsy cunt threw his pint all over me".

martin

----
Haha, I was just thinking about when Rich met some Dissensians (other than me) for the first time a couple of years back and later told me "Yeah, they all seem pretty sound, although one clumsy cunt threw his pint all over me".

Hang on, HANG on. Why is ANYONE listening to Ozric's fucking Tentacles?

STN

sou'wester
I have a new policy at work whereby anyone who either gives a wildly disproportionate yelp of surprise, or does an irritating C3PO style reeling dance of confusion, when I come through a door in the opposite direction to them, does not get the door held open for them.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I bet I didn't use those exact words - anyway, I can't really take the moral high ground after the red wine/computer incident on Friday. Please tell me it's working now Ollie....

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I bet I didn't use those exact words - anyway, I can't really take the moral high ground after the red wine/computer incident on Friday. Please tell me it's working now Ollie....

Ha, I was going to say something like "I might not be around much for a while due to laptop difficulties" so as not to mention what actually happened, but you've spilled (ahem) the beans now so that doesn't matter. I'll try it again this evening - couldn't get a signal to the screen when I turned it on again on Sunday. I'm on someone else's at the moment.

alex

Do not read this.
it's not pointless but it does my fucking head in...when Girls try & catch you out by looking on your Social Networking bits & peices...Preciesly the reason I dont go on baitbook. Dont pretend you are interested in my blog either..dont see any "boyz 2 men" interviews on there, do you?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Ha, I was going to say something like "I might not be around much for a while due to laptop difficulties" so as not to mention what actually happened, but you've spilled (ahem) the beans now so that doesn't matter. I'll try it again this evening - couldn't get a signal to the screen when I turned it on again on Sunday. I'm on someone else's at the moment."
Uh-oh - how about now?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Uh-oh - how about now?

It looks pretty knackered to be honest, but it may well be salvageable, or partly so...I'm staying with the family at the moment but will get Joe to have a look at it when I get back to London. I'll let you know what the verdict is then. Or rather, my legal team will.

(Joking, just to make that absolutely clear. It'll be my hitman.)

Amplesamples

Audio leads (and especially headphones leads) that are curly-wurly telephone leads - what is the bloody point of them? They only get tangled!!!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"It looks pretty knackered to be honest, but it may well be salvageable, or partly so...I'm staying with the family at the moment but will get Joe to have a look at it when I get back to London. I'll let you know what the verdict is then. Or rather, my legal team will."
Um... how much will it cost to replace?