Bernard Manning, R.I.P.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I said 'BNP chick', not 'LiveJournal poseur'!

Edit: none of them are anywhere near the standard set by the sexy Nazi in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
*sigh*

bassnation

the abyss
I perfectly understand. Whenever I get lucky with a BNP chick, I tend to hide my Mel & Kim 12"s under a pile of clothes. As Brendan Behan once said, "In matters of prick, there are no principles".

funnily enough, i met someone else in another place the following week who used to be in grange hill. struggling to remember the name now, but she was in the just say no video, blonde hair. she said "of course i'm an accountant now - which is so much better than being a child actor". thing is with being a child actor its always going to come to an end at some point, isn't it? and is being an accountant really more fun than hanging with gonch and zammo?

bassnation

the abyss
Was it the one who played Justine? Did you pull her?

i'm just googling for a picture - but no, i didn't. i had to leave as i realised drunkenly left my laptop in a dodgy east end bar. that sounds like a ludicrously bad excuse, but in my case happens depressingly often.

i don't know why i'm posting details of my sordid social life to a thread on bernard manning, but there you go, slow work day.

EDIT: yep, thats her - although she looked a little different as she's now 37.

Last edited:

dHarry

^^ So Mr. Tea wouldn't like to be fat, ugly, or gay. Any other groups you'd like to distance yourself from? Women? Blacks? Irish? Dogs?

swears

preppy-kei
I don't think mr tea is really prejudiced, he just puts his foot in it sometimes.
I'm sure he can explain what he means...

dHarry

Maybe, but he did try to claim that everyone is prejudiced against "fat, ugly people".

And that gay/kids thing is just ridiculous as well as offensive; a bit like saying "I wouldn't like to be gay, 'cos I fancy girls".

IdleRich

IdleRich
"So Mr. Tea wouldn't like to be fat, ugly, or gay. Any other groups you'd like to distance yourself from? Women? Blacks? Irish? Dogs?"
I like to see myself as fairly enlightened and lacking in prejudice but I have to admit that sometimes I have looked down on dogs.

Anyway, from the Fiver:

"I'm disappointed to see yet more lazy journalism regarding the England v Serbia U-21 match. If there's one thing that the coverage of the death of Bernard Manning should teach us, it's that what we saw and heard on Sunday night was simply good-hearted folk trying to bring a little joy to people's lives, not horrible r@cist scum".

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
you could always adopt :)

hey bruno :)

...or find an agreeable woman and shag like bunnies and make babies and then not do it anymore but just bring the kid up...

The idea that gay people don't shag members of the opposite sex is one of the great secrets that we keep from all you heterosexuals, so we can sleep with your wives/husbands without the thought ever crossing your minds.

I don't think what Mr Tea said is bigoted, or even offensive, I just think it's a bit weird to think that gay people don't have their own children in this day and age. I hope you weren't being drole.
Britain - I presume Mr Tea's in Britain - is just so backward sometimes, it disappoints me. Compare ( cf Bruno's statement ) with the Dutch attitude

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Re: Little Britain... Its not so much explicit (they're not telling "paki" jokes, not quite) so much as STARING YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE THE ENTIRE TIME- the point where they use a fat black woman suit being the most naked of all... It is quite clear the repulsion Walliams and Lucas feel for homosexuality, obesity, other races (black and oriental) and above all women. I prefer Manning as he is at least obviously presented by our situation as "a racist". There is no doubt as to his racism. Little Britain on the other hand (or at least a few years back) is routinely presented as mainstream, cutting edge comedy. Absolutely reprehensible.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"It is quite clear the repulsion Walliams and Lucas feel for homosexuality, obesity, other races (black and oriental) and above all women
Lucas is gay though isn't he? I suppose that that doesn't necessarily preclude feeling repulsion for homosexuality but the obvious guess would be that you are mistaken on that score at least.

dHarry

I thought they were both gay, but that seems to give them a get-out-of-jail-free card to encourage us all to laugh at gays as well as women (especially fat, black, middle-aged but sexually active - the most disgusting and funny kind apparently), chavs etc... I think their "humour" is repellent, not just unfunny - a cynical appeal to the British public's worst prejudices under the guise of "pushing the boundaries".