continuum

smugpolice
well there were a whole bag of tunes where I was like 'what the fuck is this?!'

nothing massively groundbreaking but can't really complain about that seeing it was billed as a 'night of foundation sounds'

seriously tho, it was far and away the best night i've been to in years. unbelievable vibes, fucking wicked venue, ridiculously weighty system, no aggy bouncers, hardly anyone boshing loads of mdma, and nuff dubplates!

:)

Fairly decent video of the night which gets across what benjybars describes:

SecondLine

At this point in the game, if Skrillex was up for awards against Burial, I'd still roll with Skrillex out of spite.

Grammys had a whole lot of fuckshit going on as per required, but man, Foo Fighters involved in the Dance Music Tribute... That was kind of a nice cockslap to the face. I mean, hate on Guetta/deadmau5/Sonny Moore all you want, but then to force them to work with a pandering rock band for validity... It's rather bleak.

haha Crowleyhead you have really been bringing the embittered vibes this past week

alex

Do not read this.
hyperdubs entire back cat is now online, definitely worth it for the burial material alone, especially shutta, what a fucking tune, missed this on vinyl when it first dropped... plus i'm really into the new one from him

CrowleyHead

haha Crowleyhead you have really been bringing the embittered vibes this past week

It's a good system, it works.

Somebody's got to be really toxic and negative around these parts without purpose. It makes you lot stop getting so dour about some James Blake 12" or whatever and appreciate everything you have around you.

"Imagine being CrowleyHead?""Christ, I'd hang myself mate."

sgn

Probably the only tune uploaded by UKF that I’ll ever like:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Of course the majority of the usual UKF crowd hate it because it’s not filthy enough and "wheres the drop??"

Local Authority

bitch city
Remember that law about the internet and how any argument will always end in something being compared to the Nazis or something along those lines?

It can be applied to conversations on dance music, and how they always end up becoming a discussion about Skrillex.

sgn

I just wonder what will come after Skrillex, post-brostep anyone?

Well the brostep community has started adopting "bass music", so I imagine we'll get:

Bro + Bass music = Brass Music.

This will infuriate brass players all over the world and it'll ruin brassforum.com, but no one cares about brass players so we'll be okay.

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
Hmm... from the clashmusic link.
Mala..."would do his interpretation of the Cuban thing for his own album which is going to be coming out in February. February / March for our follow up album." "
has anyone heard about that and got more info ?
c.

Leo

yeah, pretty cool, like it...although i would have never thought there was anything "cuban" about it if i didn't read it.