martin

----
Face it John, your view of reality was so warped by my suggestions that jungle IS reggae, that you are only now coming to terms with it and the Inherent authority of the S+C interview is simply acting as a psychological lifeline for what remains of your sanity.

What you need is a road to Damascus jungle appreciation moment... only then will you truly understand the mysteries of reggae and, by extension, my seemingly random toothpaste related behaviour.

"Face it John, your view of reality was so warped"

The big other's view of reality, which is what you would have typed if you weren't in such a feverish hurry to libel me with your gliberal disavowed racism.

"by my suggestions"

So not accusations now? Palin must be so proud!

"that jungle IS reggae"

Yes, and racism is reggae now too, I suppose?

"that you are only now coming to terms with it"

No, what WE are coming to terms with is the fact that Dissensus has degenerated into the foulest troll-hole on the internet

"and the Inherent authority "

Yes, all authority IS inherent to you, isn't it?

"my seemingly random toothpaste related behaviour"

ANY RIGHT-THINKING MODERATOR WOULD HAVE DELETED THIS FILTH BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED. "THE CURSE OF WHITE BNP ACTIVISM" INDEED.

zhao

there are no accidents
wait what the hell is going on here? is this some kind of age old ireland-england beef? or just a bunch of reggae nerds doing their usual thing?

D

droid

Nah, the beef has been settled! John has been consumed with bitterness over his recent defeat and is just lashing out. It's ok though, I'm happy to take the slings and arrows, it's the price I have to pay...

Martin on the other hand is doing a random but scarily accurate Padraig impression, all the more worrying as we're approaching the time of his annual appearance.

martin

----
wait what the hell is going on here? is this some kind of age old ireland-england beef? or just a bunch of reggae nerds doing their usual thing?

You try being colonised for over 800 years. I don't know how you conclude your clashes in Berlin - probably giving each other massages, passing round the space cake and reassuring the natives they're not responsible for their grandparents' evil crimes. But basically, Droid came over the water, won a clash. Then, to rub it in, he *allegedly* used an excessive amount of Eden's toothpaste. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets shot over this.

john eden

male pale and stale
You try being colonised for over 800 years. I don't know how you conclude your clashes in Berlin - probably giving each other massages, passing round the space cake and reassuring the natives they're not responsible for their grandparents' evil crimes. But basically, Droid came over the water, won a clash. Then, to rub it in, he *allegedly* used an excessive amount of Eden's toothpaste. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets shot over this.

Look, OK, I've always freely admitted that Droid is a better DJ than me, OK? That's one of the reasons I asked him to come over and play.

But as martin has correctly pointed out, there are things you do and don't do when you are staying in a man's house in east London.

And trying to blag it away with TWO tubes of your host's toothpaste in your bag is simply not on.

D

droid

I have to say Martin, Ive been very impressed with your wholly objective, detached and professional account of events... without them, John's toothpaste slurs and general attempts to rewrite history would have completely obscured the truth of this David and Goliath-like tale.

D

droid

Look, OK, I've always freely admitted that Droid is a better DJ than me, OK? That's one of the reasons I asked him to come over and play.

But as martin has correctly pointed out, there are things you do and don't do when you are staying in a man's house in east London.

And trying to blag it away with TWO tubes of your host's toothpaste in your bag is simply not on.

It's OK John, just let it allllll out. Martin - can you meet him after work and give him a big hug and a blanket?

STN

sou'wester
did he really steal your toothpaste? That's a liberty, you wouldn't steal Jeff Geggus's toothpaste.

martin

----
Right, I've heard enough. Droid - taking two tubes is bang out of order, especially as you were only over for four days - one would have sufficed. Eden - you live in north east London, not east London, hence your postcode - when are these lies going to end?

You are both hereby banned from clashing for 4 months.

john eden

male pale and stale
Clearly for some people playing a few records in a pub is of far greater significance than the social etiquette of being a good house guest.

And yes, I am ashamed to say that he was confronted about it by my better half and confessed all.

D

droid

Look - none of you know the inside story or the litany of horrors Eden put me through... if you're looking for scandal, ask John what happened to the RARE DIGI SHAKA KILLERS that I pulled out of the 50p bin of MVE which he then claimed as his own... or the repeated attempts to call off the clash at the last minute, including fictitious rail strikes, radiation and swine flu scares!

Don't fall for his toothpaste propaganda, it's nothing but a red herring. I brought my own toothpaste.

john eden

male pale and stale
Look - none of you know the inside story or the litany of horrors Eden put me through... if you're looking for scandal, ask John what happened to the RARE DIGI SHAKA KILLERS that I pulled out of the 50p bin of MVE which he then claimed as his own... or the repeated attempts to call off the clash at the last minute, including fictitious rail strikes, radiation and swine flu scares!

Don't fall for his toothpaste propaganda, it's nothing but a red herring. I brought my own toothpaste.

Droid keeps giving it the big one about all this and how he's going to "expose me" on his blog (a prospect so terrifying that I keep forgetting about it), but everyone with any sense will realise it's a smokescreen.

And yes, he brought his own tube of toothpaste (which is pretty weird anyway) and tried to leave with three of them...

zhao

there are no accidents
You try being colonised for over 800 years.
er... do you know a little event called the Opium Wars? not like there is no historical bad blood between the chinese and english...

I don't know how you conclude your clashes in Berlin - probably giving each other massages, passing round the space cake and reassuring the natives they're not responsible for their grandparents' evil crimes.

haven't been in any dj clashes over here. though there have been times other djs slotted after me just let me play on due to the crowd hype.

i'm up for it though. would it be only reggae? which is fine with me. but can i use ableton? because i haven't touched turntables in a long long time... (except for, you know, moving them out the way for my laptop).

in any case, the chinaman from berlin will show you sad wankers how it's really done :D

Last edited:
D

droid

Technically speaking, no toothpaste was stolen and that's that.

What I will say about this mountain out of a molehill is that, hypothetically speaking, a soundboy who had just slaughtered his host on his home ground, may have felt a twinge of remorse and realised he needed to give his vanquished opponent some straw to grasp at in order to retain a semblance of pride... even it involved throwing a game of swingball or moving some toothpaste.

martin

----
i'm up for it though. would it be only reggae? which is fine with me. but can i use ableton? because i haven't touched turntables in a long long time... (except for, you know, moving them out the way for my laptop).

in any case, the chinaman from berlin will show you sad wankers how it's really done :D

Funnily enough, we were talking about setting up an international clash super-league, a bit like the World Cup, just 2 weeks ago.