Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it's an old one

Nice one Ory.

I love that Petchy set, wish the sound quality was a bit better but I suppose its good to have that slightly rough feel... The MCs, especially Topsey - I instantly wanted to memorise a lot of his bars.

This thread has really kickstarted my interest in funky again.

carmen

 
continuity of personnel? shouts to l. Ferrari on that Petchy - she was all over shouts back in 2k1 on DJSL/irational's pirate streams

where would we be without GRAND?

hint

party record with a siren
would still love an id for this one too

tim f you seem pretty up on house generally

It's a version of Elements of Life - "Into My Life (You Brought The Sunshine)"

Might be Karizma playing the acapella over something else, of course.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
cheers hint

i figured it was an acapella over the backing cos its the backing i've heard elsewhere. it's the backing i'm really after

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Going to throw my own ID request into the ring. From the D-Malice set on Deja that was posted a couple of pages back, does anyone know they name of the very last thing he plays? The most recognisable bit would prob be the vocal that goes 'tear down the walls'. Big tune, imo.
(Afraid I don't know how to do the rip-50-seconds-of-a-set thing that other people can. :eek: )

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Petchy playing in a club, complete with top-notch Ossie track:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sadly no sign of Topsee in attendance, still good though.

don_quixote

Trent End
Anyway, seriously people, the Funkystepz shows. BIG TUNES.

is this the one from two or three weeks ago? it's so fucking priceless. hurricane riddim for a start, but there's loads of stuff he played and didn't even give a name to.

i. want. their. records. fucking release something!!!

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
Haha

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Tim F

is this the one from two or three weeks ago? it's so fucking priceless. hurricane riddim for a start, but there's loads of stuff he played and didn't even give a name to.

i. want. their. records. fucking release something!!!

Yeah I know. I think about all the wasted hours I spend cross-referencing track names and producers on funky sets and imagine what I could have achieved with my life if I'd spent that time doing other stuff.

BUT it's worth it to be able to say that my favourite of the elusive new Funkystepz dubs is "Lovers" - that's the one with Louise Williams singing "I'm so into you... We were meant to be... nothing seriously..." (there are bits missing there because I can't remember it off the top of my head).