Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Not sure if the LR Groove remix of Blackberry Music is my favourite or not, but I do love the way it has a really different mood to the original.
Bare remixes of that tune on iTunes now though.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Funky is great n all but a genuine 2 step revival is what we all dream of.

Lets link hands and pray for new Tuff Jam.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I want to download all those sets you've posted but it's daunting. Like mount everest, or the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions boxset.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Oh yeah, Funk Butcher gave out his unofficial remix of Spells of Yoruba:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ppvgph
Not a masterpiece or anything but worth grabbing.
Is it just me or is there a few tunes going about at the mo that sample SoY?

You can also listen to clips of FB's forthcoming Dutch Effect EP here:
http://soundcloud.com/funk_butcher
Like with some of the new Hard House Banton stuff, I think's there def mixed results in terms of how well he employs the Dutch inflluences. But Carnival Russell in particular strikes me as quite a strong track.

wise

bare BARE BONES
^ Not sure if the LR Groove remix of Blackberry Music is my favourite or not, but I do love the way it has a really different mood to the original.
Bare remixes of that tune on iTunes now though.

Just copped the original, the LR Groove and the Funk E Truce remix which is weird in a great way

Smoove Kriminal

@SmooveKriminal <Twitter
Free Download: White Label EP By Hotshot

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some music with you! 'The White Label EP' by DJ Hotshot which is a free promotional EP, is available to download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vhpi88amo4odtz8

It's a free 5 track EP (4 Instrumental + 1 Bonus Track being A Remix), and is out now for promotional use. I'm hoping some of you guys can and will utilise it, to its full extent on your radio shows, podcasts and of course at events, and perhaps even give Hotshot himself some feedback on it.

You can check out more of Hotshot's music here: http://soundcloud.com/dj_hotshot or hit him up directly at: djhotshot1@hotmail.co.uk

He's also on facebook under the name: 'Deejay Hotshot'.

Hotshots next release should be ready for February 2011.

gumdrops

not sure who was dj-ing but i caught about 10 mins of live fm last night just after 7 - dream was mcing and the selection was insane. the last track was what i think was slaccks wiley refix and then this track that seemed to be like old dexplicit made into funky. it was seriously one of the best things ive heard in ages. got me interested in funky again as ive been off it for several months.

benjybars

village elder.
not sure who was dj-ing but i caught about 10 mins of live fm last night just after 7 - dream was mcing and the selection was insane. the last track was what i think was slaccks wiley refix and then this track that seemed to be like old dexplicit made into funky. it was seriously one of the best things ive heard in ages. got me interested in funky again as ive been off it for several months.

yeah i caught that aswell... very big.

there were loads of moments during that set where i had to think for a moment before deciding if he was playing grime or funky :)

It was Blue Max I think, he's been playing that for a while and the idea of that does kind of tie into a few sets I've heard from him.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal

Bigness.
Another Valentine's release!

^yeah the White Label EP is well worth getting, Tins & Pans especially is a good tune I reckon.
Feeling Crystal Water from the Beautiful Mind EP too.
Pleased to see things keep popping off with releases (even if a certain portion of them are free downloads, but that's just the state music is in generally I guess).

continuum

smugpolice
this video has some drum percussion player in it like what used to be at a house club I used to go to in the mid-90s, uk funky DJing plus live accompaniment is such a great idea.