Whats it like on the outside looking in?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Christ, $25 for a pill :eek: - no wonder ecstasy never took off in America like it did over here.

Anyway, ahem - let's try and keep this thread about the music, maan.

It was £20 / £25 a go in the UK as well at times. Didn't drop below £15 for a long time unless you were getting loads.

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Christ, $25 for a pill :eek: - no wonder ecstasy never took off in America like it did over here.

Anyway, ahem - let's try and keep this thread about the music, maan.

arguably no pills = no music though? the two are strongly linked anyway

big up noel for tackling the worldly-wise nomadologist

N

nomadologist

trying to remember, i rarely ever paid retail...$25 was for a "triple stack', which I realize is bullshit in terms of actually being a much higher dose.

why would you want to take MORE of something that's a neurotoxin at any dose? i just don't know.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
but isnt that kind of whats happening now? indie kids raving etc, just in a differnt kind of way. And its awesome that there are now interesting weirdo indie girls (my favourite) girls in techno clubs, and not just for 2many djs either.
Went to Sequence @ The Attic a little while back. Obviously very different thing. On quite a militant techno tip. There's a political edge to that thing that I'd forgotten about. Not sure if I like it and it's interesting to contrast with the omnivorous hipster audience, whose stance I find a bit glippant or something. I think there's perhaps a third way....

gek-opel

entered apprentice
but isnt that kind of whats happening now? indie kids raving etc, just in a differnt kind of way. And its awesome that there are now interesting weirdo indie girls (my favourite) girls in techno clubs, and not just for 2many djs either.

Tho the Joanna Newsom dress-a-likes at the last DMZ I went to (ie- a while ago) were really offputting.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tho the Joanna Newsom dress-a-likes at the last DMZ I went to (ie- a while ago) were really offputting.

Haha, I don't think I've ever known anyone hate someone as much as you hate her.
Unless, perhaps, you hate Kate Nash equally, or EVEN MORE?

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Haha, I don't think I've ever known anyone hate someone as much as you hate her.
Unless, perhaps, you hate Kate Nash equally, or EVEN MORE?

I would add that I hate Coki Wobblers and George Formby style-indie even more than both tho... I have a lot of hate to give, so to speak...

N

nomadologist

We have whole neighborhood full of those girls here.

Funny, I would never have thought it especially "worldly" to have bought pills in your lifetime and know the price. Somewhat confused as to why I'm getting attacked for debunking a pretty obviously silly and common drug myth.

Has as much to do with understanding biochemistry as it does being worldly wise.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
There is a Joanna Newsom dubstep remix out there (by Clouds I think)... grating isn't really the word, though I would add the harp is a great instrument...

N

nomadologist

I would add that I hate Coki Wobblers and George Formby style-indie even more than both tho... I have a lot of hate to give, so to speak...

I think I need to hear Coki, whoever it is comes up about 5 times a day on here.

Any suggestions?

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Most people seem to say "Tortured" is a good tune. That or "Spongebob" (tho the latter I actually don't mind as at least he stretches the template- a bit...)

Oh and "Night" Benga is a great tune. Maybe Im hating too hard...?

N

nomadologist

UFO over easy said:
yay dubstep, time to start sticking my oar in

Are you addressing me?

I'm interested in hearing an artist that gets so alternately hated on/praised here. Is that a crime?

What have I ever done to you?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
nomadologist said:
Are you addressing me?

No not at all, that was about me! Dubstep is all I'm qualified to talk about on here really. You're not being attacked, I'm not sure why I even said anything. I guess it was more about finding it funny how limited my life experiences seem to me when I read some of your posts.

my favourites are mood dub, the end, the new chase the devil refix thingy which I put audio up for the other day and haunted

Last edited: