Whats it like on the outside looking in?

straight

wings cru
Went to Sequence @ The Attic a little while back. Obviously very different thing. On quite a militant techno tip. There's a political edge to that thing that I'd forgotten about. Not sure if I like it and it's interesting to contrast with the omnivorous hipster audience, whose stance I find a bit glippant or something. I think there's perhaps a third way....

sequence is a very different animal, id say it was the most purist, old style NO GIRLS ALLOWED kind of affair. ie bald, male, over 30 rephlex/planet mu tune spotters. Its a nice change to have such 100% awesome music all night but i cant really hack a whole night plus 140 bpm anymore and some of the crowd dont enjoy my dress up games. Thats what we're trying to do at micron, quality techno but to be a bit more playful without resorting to full on irony

N

nomadologist

Most people seem to say "Tortured" is a good tune. That or "Spongebob" (tho the latter I actually don't mind as at least he stretches the template- a bit...)

Oh and "Night" Benga is a great tune. Maybe Im hating too hard...?

Hmm I downloaded a plugin update and now my youtube doesn't work :((

Will look these up...

straight

wings cru
aaaaaaaaaaand we're back on dubstep? how the fuck did that happen? all we need now is a bit of hauntalogy and im off to be :,

UFO over easy

online mahjong
gek opal said:
There is a Joanna Newsom dubstep remix out there (by Clouds I think)... grating isn't really the word, though I would add the harp is a great instrument...

I like that song, although I hate newsom. It's interestingly produced - all feedback and crackle and overdriven noise. Apparently they use tapes and all analogue stuff.

swears

preppy-kei
its awesome that there are now interesting weirdo indie girls (my favourite) girls in techno clubs, and not just for 2many djs either.

Give me the Lambrini-drinking handbag house office girl types over these bores any night!

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
aaaaaaaaaaand we're back on dubstep? how the fuck did that happen? all we need now is a bit of hauntalogy and im off to be :,
Because it's part of the third way. Non fascist grooves with an element of dancefloor mysticism (it's just a word oh ye soulless materialist fundies!).

;)

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
I think I might hate the geezer from Kasabian as much as gek-opel hates Joanna Newsome.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I think swears would probably hate 'good weird' even more.. assuming you mean polka dot dresses, cider/herbal tea and joanna newsom/cocorosie all day long

N

nomadologist

21275x-news-newsomepressphoto.jpg

bad weird

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
"We are weird"

"We are so over it"

"We are authentic"

"We are more politically sound"

"We are more avant"

"We are the salt of the earth"

"We are hench"

It's all posturing ultimately.

N

nomadologist

Thanks Capt O

Why did my adobe flash just stop working??

What will I do without a day of youtube? j.k

vimothy

yurp
oh and shameless plug while im on it, if youre in manchester tonight come down to our monthly micron at joshua brooks, its our first birthday and we've dusty kid on. Come gawp at the wonderful tapestry that the Uk post everything dancey techno scene has mutated into haha

You putting Dunc and Fish on again?

Too hungover though.