Popular and its news to you

sus

Shiels your combination of reaction + message scores + join date leads me to think you must've registered in '08, never posted, and then re-appeared in the last year as a regular. Is this true? How's my Sherlock impression?

Bang-on. Which is why, if you get it, I'm surprised you don't like it

I dont hate everything theyve done. quite liked that hey baby thing a few years ago. but they dont really move me, and its mayeb to do with being a bit too wink wink

and in terms of social anxiety into art.... crashed my own house party cos nobody came

sus

I dont hate everything theyve done. quite liked that hey baby thing a few years ago. but they dont really move me, and its mayeb to do with being a bit too wink wink

and in terms of social anxiety into art.... crashed my own house party cos nobody came
trashed*

This one, about getting news of a suicide over the telephone, is touching

Shiels your combination of reaction + message scores + join date leads me to think you must've registered in '08, never posted, and then re-appeared in the last year as a regular. Is this true? How's my Sherlock impression?

was introduced by a friend in maybe 2006/2007 and lurked, registered in 2008 and mostly lurked for a decade, very sporadic engagement. Luke seduced me into posting full time during a vulnerable period in 2019

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Crowdsourced music videos

The music no longer belongs to the artist. That's been the case for a long time with remixes and sampling. This is the web version of that.

I guess really nothing belongs to anyone anymore. It's all grist for the mill.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Do you get meme critics? Or internet culture critics?

It seems impossible to apply a critical criteria to the internet. Its too slippery. But perhaps an internet/meme critic would be an explicator of influenced and nuances. To help the uninitiated understand.

Probably explication is all that is left to be done.

A heap of broken images

Or

A box of toys to get stuck into

luka

art culture thought technlogy all develops quicker and is more fun when theres no copywriter intellectual property law

I think you can like something without getting it and you can get something without liking it. Why the surprise?

The scary thing will be getting to the stage when you don’t even understand why something is popular, no grasp on any of it

haji

lala
The scary thing will be getting to the stage when you don’t even understand why something is popular, no grasp on any of it
Maybe that's part of the appeal of tiktok already, noone has a clue why that girl twitching her nose like that, or cranberry jiuce guy on his longboard are so popular, literally nobody, but the numbers show that they have had the attention, mediated by their "algorithm" which is actually simpler than it sounds, just how long viewers stayed and how many swiped away

haji

lala
more about the how the interface behaves and how you interact with it than any complicated equation, it's as simple and pared down as possible compared to twitter and instaface, and then spits out these incomprehensible results

luka

Maybe that's part of the appeal of tiktok already, noone has a clue why that girl twitching her nose like that, or cranberry jiuce guy on his longboard are so popular, literally nobody, but the numbers show that they have had the attention, mediated by their "algorithm" which is actually simpler than it sounds, just how long viewers stayed and how many swiped away
theyre popular for very very obvious reasons.