GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

woops

is not like other people
meh, grime has long about a reputation economy, to use a bullshit web 2.0 expression. and to build your reputation in that economy MCs have long been about adopting whatever technology or mediums are infront of them. in 2002 that was dubplates. in 2009 it's youtube. and so on it goes...

This is not the point, though, is it?
People did tunes on dubplate. They didn't release a record of them chatting in interviews how their next move is to start making money off other people's work without even a beat in the background.
War music videos it could be fun but I doubt anyone will bother

alex

Do not read this.
well that's what the man said... and giggs said 'welcome to my world cuz' or something!

if it was issues with the 696, then can imagine true. Just cant see old bill bluesing up behind him & pulling him over before he goes to spit!

(that would be pretty funny though!)

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
it's not that far fetched. giggs talks all the time - in music and in interviews - about how he is effectively banned from playing live in LDN.

mos dan

fact music
if it was issues with the 696, then can imagine true. Just cant see old bill bluesing up behind him & pulling him over before he goes to spit!

(that would be pretty funny though!)

it was tempz' somethingorother launch in southend. does anyone know what happened please? didn't seem to be anything about it on grimeforum. useful to keep gathering info about when/why/how raves are locked off. ta

alex

Do not read this.
Yea, can imagine that as soon as the 696 forms are presented then the rave get's told it cannot go ahead from that point. I may have mis-read the situation mentioned. I definitely sensationalised it in my mind...:-(

benjybars

village elder.
People did tunes on dubplate. They didn't release a record of them chatting in interviews how their next move is to start making money off other people's work without even a beat in the background.

exactly. make (war) tunes not war. or something.

mos dan

fact music
bbk sick on logan last night. i'd literally forgotten what skepta being good sounded like. no real big h vs roll deep update, though the jme and skepta both sang along with the big hooligan bars iirc

mos dan

fact music
War music videos it could be fun but I doubt anyone will bother

yeah innit - i see your point blackdown but it's not about the medium, it's about whether they're bothering to produce any sodding music. twitter beef is equally pointless.. someone pointed out to me recently that tinchy made more grime than most 'full-time' grime mcs in the last year, which is ridiculous given how much other stuff he's had to do.

all the rhetoric about mcs non-stop working seems increasingly hollow (with a few notable exceptions).

Simon78

bbk sick on logan last night. i'd literally forgotten what skepta being good sounded like. no real big h vs roll deep update, though the jme and skepta both sang along with the big hooligan bars iirc

It started off slow I thought but then properly kicked off half way through. Skepta got loads of his old lyrics out and Logan's mixing was sick. Jammer was hype as usual.

After they did the Big Hooligan singalong Skepta went into the English Breakfast bars and they are aimed at Big H.

mos dan

fact music
It started off slow I thought but then properly kicked off half way through. Skepta got loads of his old lyrics out and Logan's mixing was sick. Jammer was hype as usual.

After they did the Big Hooligan singalong Skepta went into the English Breakfast bars and they are aimed at Big H.

seen this all makes sense, thanks! i'd only listened to english breakfast with half an ear previously

Simon78

Blacks, Maxsta & Lil Nasty are all at Dirty Canvas on Friday. Anyone going?

Maxsta is sick. I would like to hear him, Realist & Axeman on a set

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit:
I'm surprised nobody has signed this Maxsta tune up.

East London Is Back
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: