luka

im not sure i meant it like that. i meant more with regard to the base line demand of being regarded as females indistinguishable in every aspect. what you are likely to get is access to toilets, not allowed in prisons, not allowed in sports, not allowed on short lists.

luka

this is what i mean by compromise. that is what i think is likely to be the case at the close of play.

Benny Bunter

They don't want compromise though. If it was just a matter of matter of pronouns or whatever no one would really give a shit.

I'd hope that at the close of play, however long that takes, we could go back to that, but the demands have been ramped up to such an insane level and so many people have been implicated in their support of it, that I don't really see an end to it.

Once you've publicly advocated for or supported surgeries and hormones for young people, there's no going back even if you later regret it, you have to double down. And so it goes on...

luka

they dont want it but they'll have to live with it. as far as the gays go, you'd be hard pushed, as a straight, to say the gays are impinging on your rights by being alowed to bum each other. as a female athlete you have a clear case to say your rights are being impinged upon by being forced to compete with transgender athletes.

it's a different scenario. this will be fought over across the next few years and people will be upset and a huge number of people will be affected but some kind of agreement will be reached eventually.

luka

in my opinion. but this is how the game works. you make demands, and people decide. at the moment it's very polarised. the right are being unscrupulous. i think actually a bit evil too. the trans lot want what they want, probably won't get it. end result, a botched compromise.

luka

there are all sorts of things in play. how much weight do you give to a young persons feelings about who they are for example. that will be decided after a certain number of lives have been ruined, one way or another. the price has to be paid in pain. there has to be martyrs.

luka

you don't get anywhere without a pile of broken bodies. if loads of women get raped in toilets by men saying their women then that will decide that for example. but you need the martyrs and the sacrifices. that's how it works. it's not by theory and principle

luka

if you have a few years of transes going in womens toilets without doing rapes and that, probably women will get used to it and go along with it. just a weird looking person invisble in a cubicle doing a poo. you need to test it out and see what happens.

luka

a few years down the line do you have people saying doctors forced me to chop my nob off as a five year old? if that's the case you have to reconsider.

wild greens

Okay i am getting involved briefly

You didn't answer my question by the way: 'if a doctor told you that your son had told him 'I want to be a girl' what would you want to happen after that?'

This thread is terrible- no offence- but i do keep meaning to reply to this question as it's such a weird way of framing it, let me try and reverse it

If your son is tortured in his sexuality for whatever reason and your relationship with him is so fraught that you find out because your doctor approaches you as opposed to be able to talk to you; is it still a valid talking point or are you just a shit dad

The idea that you frame this as a valid question is quite confusing if you ask me

*Edited as cba getting too deep

wild greens

2) whilst i think it is every person's right to be whatever they want to be as long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone directly - hurt internet feelings don't count - it is an inherent male characteristic to take the piss out of eachother for absolutely everything

This means moving forward from the current impasse will be extremely difficult. I don't even think most people are that arsed about transitions but they would like to make jokes about it

Does political correctness make the situation so taboo that jokes about such subject matter can't exist. Because if your mate decides he wants to be a woman fair play but you must surely be able to rip him about it without it affecting your friendship in the same way you would when he was a lad, right?

wild greens

3) I would argue the constant arguments about non-existent children surgery comes from a very odd paedo subsection of the marginal internet right- exactly the same with fake pizzagate- and you need to question why these online groups are so obsessed with talking about children's sexuality constantly

Proper nonce gear that